View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #11
papertank
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
Milos and Novak have never met and everybody assumes that Novak will win. How do we predict that Novak will win for sure? If there is history with the head to head, then it would be easier to predict the match. That is the best part of this is that the match is played on the tennis court, not on the paper. Upsets do happen and I think this could be one of them. My pet peeve of the prediction based on the rankings, not the h2h stats, even it is their first ever meeting.

Now, Novak will have the jet-lag and we are not so sure if Milos and Novak will actually have a match as the strategy from Serbia could be based on how Serbia play the tie and rest Novak on the day 1. If there is an upset on the day 1, you can bet that there will be likely dead rubber on day 3.
I just don't think Milos has the potential to take out Djokovic yet. Each time Isner has upset Djokovic his serve has played a big part but he also took it to Djokovic in rallies. Milos just isn't consistent enough to do that for an entire match against Djokovic, and his serve honestly hasn't looked as great this year as it has in other years so he can't solely rely on it. I'd love for Milos to get this upset, but I just don't see it.
papertank is offline   Reply With Quote