View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #13
WildVolley
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSpiral View Post
Look guys, there's enough trolling on this forum for me to be dubious about this claim. Do you disagree? You can push back, that's fine, but I don't think I was way out of line (even though I was being slightly fun with my post, which should have been obvious too). I did say "near-ATP levels," talking strictly about pace. I don't think that's way off either. Donald Young, according to some US Open stats, AVG 1st Serve Speed is about 101 MPH. There are some other guys close to this as well.
You're simply wrong, so you should just give it up. Donald Young, much like Nadal, mainly hits a heavy spin lefty serve. There's a difference between hitting a flat 90mph serve and hitting a 101mph topspin slice serve that is well placed.

Most likely the OP is falling off balance when hitting the serve and is not preparing for the ball to come back. If you block a fast flat serve back to the server, you can often force an error. The OP needs to practice on landing and then transitioning to a split step off of the serve. He also needs to be able to back up quickly to get a decent shot at the return.
WildVolley is offline   Reply With Quote