View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #35
TimeSpiral
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by movdqa View Post
It looks like the NTRP 4.5 description is where one should have a good topspin backhand:

"You have developed your use of power and spin and can handle pace. You have sound footwork, can control depth of shots, and attempt to vary game plan according to your opponents. You can hit first serves with power and accuracy and place the second serve. You tend to overhit on difficult shots. Aggressive net play is common in doubles."
If I hit my 2HFH to my opponents 1HBH, I almost never get a topspin reply, however; I've faced multiple guys with a 2HBH who will reply with topspin. Even when I hit the 2HBH CC to the 1HBH, I almost always get a slice back. It just seems to me, at my level--in my area--that the 1HBH is all slice versus me.

I had to work super hard to develop a reliable 2HBH with topspin, and lost tons of matches while doing it, but now that I have it, it is such a huge advantage in a rally. The difference in pace between the BH TS and the BH Slice cannot be overstated.