View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 06:24 AM   #30
Sir Shankalot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrehanderson View Post
Thank you so much for taking the time to watch the video, and thank you for the kind words.

I think you nailed it on all points, thank you. I think with regard to the last one, a part of the problem is that my eyesight is horrible. You should see my driving--I'm a terror on the roads. I was prescribed glasses a long time ago but only wear them to watch tv.

Getting old sucks!

I will try to watch his racquet though...I honestly hadn't thought of that.

Thanks again!
It does indeed suck - but the good thing about tennis is that if you keep at it you can slow down the process of ageing and, unlike most other "proper" sports, you can keep going well into your 70s. I only started to think about fitness in my mid 40's (I'm 49 now) and the cool thing is that I am now biologically "younger" than I was 5 years ago in terms of VO2Max.

Your eyes. This could explain a lot of the issues about watching the ball, watching the opponent etc. I am an eyeglass wearer, but when I took up tennis I did not wear them. However last year I had a pair of prescription sunglasses made and it has made a huge difference to me in terms of being aware what is going on on court, and especially depth perception. By your own account your eyesight sounds pretty bad so maybe give this a try?
Sir Shankalot is offline   Reply With Quote