View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #2752
Sunshine22
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Player View Post
The Prince XC is a nice string. I got the 1.41 gauge and I think thats too thick. Honestly, I am wondering if 1.35 is too thick in terms of feel as well.

So I ask you folks, for those who hit pretty heavy and break strings..can you get 10 hours out of any 1.30-1.35 gauge poly string? I read that no one really likes black magic in this stick so I have yet to try.

I am looking for nice pocketing, even a bit of launch, nice spin to control it, and price around 7-$11 a set.

I like to string the 99s at 50#s. I can say that the prince xc seemed low powered even at that tension for a while. The ball came off the strings without much pop compared to other setups. The feel is not bad though. It is a very comfy setup. I just am not sold yet to where I want to buy a reel. Still experimenting.

Something like Black Widow in a 16 gauge could be awesome..I have no experience with it though, just going by description.
For some decent pop and good ball pocketing, I would recommend either Sonic Pro 16 or Poly Star Energy 16. Tension maintenance is not great with Poly Star, but that shouldn't as much of an issue on this racquet.
Sunshine22 is offline   Reply With Quote