View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #34
RogueFLIP
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted180 View Post
I'm planning on taking another full 6 weeks off anyway and see if it will get better. This is definitely one of the most frustrating things I've been through. I've seen so many different people to get different opinions and try different treatments, but nothing's really worked so far- rest, physical therapy, PRP...

Part of the problem, I think is that I just didn't stay off of it when it was first injured. And so it never had a chance to heal - and by re-injuring it again and again, I probably developed arthritis in that joint and so now even a little bit of activity will aggravate it. I was trying to do some very mild physical therapy type exercises to strengthen it and it hurted for about a week.

And the same situation in my shoulder, which I hurt 2 years ago and never fully healed. And now even with mild rotator cuff exercises, it would get aggravated and hurt for one week. If I played, it would even be worse.

I feel like I cant do anything now - no tennis, no weight training, not even physical therapy! I made an appointment with one more guy who specializes in sports injuries for next week, but I afraid taht it's going to be the same ol' thing again and I wont find a real solution. I hope I'm wrong....
Always sad to hear a fellow player that can't play due to multiple issues. It def sounds like you've got multiple sites of unresolved soft tissue restrictions which can not only contribute to your pain, but can prevent you from healing to satisfaction by keeping you out of balance. And I've nothing against strengthening exercises, but that's really not going to address the restrictions in your soft tissue that is binding you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted180 View Post
I'm skeptical just b/c I've done so many other things that didn't work - not that they're bad treatments, but just not the right treatments for my condition.

The frustrating thing is that it seems like everyone is so "into" their own modality that they think it's great for everyone and every condition. They don't even put an emphasis on finding out what the true diagnosis is first and what's actually causing the problem, b/c different problems will require different treatments.

My experience is that the acupuncture guy will think acupuncture cures everything and the physical therapy guy will try to sell you physical therapy and the PRP guy will convince you that PRP will do miracles for your pain, and so on....

No one has told me yet why I'm having pain all this time and why my seemingly mild injuries and sprains wont heal.
To further what Posture said, being a skeptic is fine, as long as you're an "open-minded" skeptic. Also realize that most Western trained medical personnel prescribe to the "separatist" model....everything is your body is separate from each other....bones are separate from muscles which are separated from nerves....ankle is separated from knees and hips, hips are separate from shoulders, mind is separate from the body, etc...which is so far from the truth.

PostureGuy and I share similar beliefs on chronic pain issues....our approach to treating differ but I pretty much agree with a lot of his advice.

Thanks for sharing your story; wish you the best with your journey and keep us updated on how things are going.