View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #27
dje31
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesTennis View Post
Thanks. Do you know about how much playing time your getting before needing to restring?
I used to be quite the string breaker, but the Cyclone has gone dead before breaking. I want to say 15-20 hours? [ EDIT: I probably should have cut it out and restrung prior, as it was getting dead and board-y, but hey, I'm cheap ] I'm not playing as much or as often as I'd like, but that's probably a reasonable guess. I'm obviously not as sensitive as some others here who cut their poly out after a set or two.

I haven't spent a ton of time with poly in general---with the YTIGPS, as well as my previous C10Pro and Tour 10 Mids---but got a deal on a pile of Cyclone that was too good to pass up, and wanted to see what the hype was about.

I also am more of a classic all-courter, traditional pressuring stroke as opposed to the modern, brushing baseline basher. I've been playing 40+ years, and am comfortable saying I'm a solid 4.5.

All that said, I've been tempted to try a full bed of OGSM, Forten, or even the TNT Pro Plus I used to use not that long ago.

My wish list is to pick up a stringing machine and a reel of gut, but I haven't strung since a summer job in the tennis & golf dept of Sports Unlimited in Orlando, 1984. Too many other irons in the fire right now.

Last edited by dje31 : 03-02-2014 at 04:37 PM.
dje31 is offline   Reply With Quote