View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #16
Topspin Shot
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrehanderson View Post
I reacted that way because your feedback was limited to speculation (I'd spray balls if I were standing closer), a failure to recognize that most of the balls the machine was sending were landing at or beyond the baseline, and a misrepresentation of a few missed shots (which took place immediately after I knocked part of the machine down and stopped because I thought I had caused it to pause) as "spraying balls."

And then there was the analysis that my balls are only landing in because of gravity, which seemed strange because I am pretty sure it affects us all equally.

Anyway, your second post, the one I'm quoting, is indeed very helpful and had you started off with something constructive like this, I would have been much more grateful. This second post is excellent and I do thank you for it (although you are still failing to recognize that the ball machine is sending balls long ).
The gravity part just means that your shots seem on the flat side for a rally ball. So gravity and low clearance are more responsibile for bringing them in than spin. I realize the machine is sending the ball deep, but what do you do in a match when your opponent hits a rally ball deep? And sorry if I came off as overly abraisive in my first post.

Last edited by Topspin Shot : 05-10-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Topspin Shot is offline   Reply With Quote