View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 06:42 AM   #4
E. Tofu
New User

Thanks for the responses, Mojo and Japanese Maple. Mojo that is a good point about the change in the lacing design. I hadn't compared the change in lacing but now that I look, I don't like what I see. The decrease in eyelets might explain some of the top foot discomfort I thought I could remove by lacing them up a little differently. Those metal eyelets concern me as well. I liked the fabric/punched leather eyelets from before. Don't fix what isn't broken! No matter how I lace the 801s, they just don't feel as comfortable as the 800s did out of the box.

I'm glad to be reassured that the heel is narrower on the 801. Looking at it again, I guess the narrower sole footprint may not be making the difference in the width of the foot pocket. But they sure do seem narrower to me, and have me wondering if I should have gotten a 4E! Anyone else out there with a wide foot who's tried them both want to chime in?

I guess I kind of liked the boxiness of the 800s, though maybe with the trim down of the sole width, these will be a little faster on the court. Seems like they'll be less stable too.

E.T.
E. Tofu is offline   Reply With Quote