View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 07:31 PM   #5
Chanchai
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Chanchai Send a message via AIM to Chanchai Send a message via MSN to Chanchai

Because of his summer performance, considering the draws he received, I'm leaning on Haas. However, what I presume to be Haas' first round performance does put in a bit of doubt. I'm surprised it went to 5 sets, but hey, some players have surprised us before by going almost all the way while having some hiccups in the early rounds... But Haas has been playing very well this summer despite painful draws.

The big reason not many people are calling him a favorite, even in the Agassi/Hewitt tier, is because if anything... He looks like he's a guy who will beat everyone EXCEPT the favorites that most people have chosen (namely Roddick and Agassi, implying Hewitt, and certainly Federer). And if he were to make the final, it's likely he'll have to deal with two of them, maybe three. But in his matches with any of those favorites who have sort of seperated themselves from the field for the summer, he's been awfully close to taking them down. Just looked like it was a battle of wills, killer instinct, and heart by the end of some matches--as opposed to a last second tank job.

-Chanchai
Chanchai is offline   Reply With Quote