Legend

Send a message via MSN to Duzza

Quote:
Originally Posted by stules
Hi Duzza
Hope you find it useful.
what is the quality index?
http://www.racquetresearch.com/complete_idiot.htm

Actually not... I measure the racauet and use the actual length in cm's and mms.

Two reason, to remove abut 13gm from the total weight, and hence give me more room to customise before coming up against my total weight barrier.ie, if the total weight is 343gm and my target total is 346, I can only add 3 gram to the racquet, not much of an adjustment. If I remove the grip, I now getabout 16 gram to add anywhere to achieve my atarget weight. Second reason is that I like the feel of the 'sharper edges of the handle with just an overgrip only. It feels to me easier to change grip positons. Personal preference. I buy a 4 5/8, then take off the grip, add an overgrip and have a 4 1/2 handle.

Fair enough, I just thought it would be a waste of time filling in the numbers of removing a grip and then putting it back on, with an overgrip only of course it makes sense.

And why does, with the balance if you have 12.5 inch balance equal 8.5 points? If its a standard 27 inch racquet surely the balance is (13.5-12.5)*8?
Easy answer, just adjust the Racquet lenght field to 69cm , if it is a 27" racquet. THat example is 68.58cm ie not 27". hence the discrepancy

What i mean is with Amones you can choose the desired swingweight, balance and then mix around with the 1st location of weight until you find places that work.
I find trial and error not too hard. I know how much weight I have to play with ie 330 starting weight, aiming for 346, I know I have to add 16 gm.
Preference is at least 6gm at 3/9 for stabilty, then I play with thel last 10 to get the total swingweight and balance, which is the juggle. Try it, not too time consuming.
Regards Stuart
Thanks for replying

Quote:
Actually not... I measure the racauet and use the actual length in cm's and mms.

Two reason, to remove abut 13gm from the total weight, and hence give me more room to customise before coming up against my total weight barrier.ie, if the total weight is 343gm and my target total is 346, I can only add 3 gram to the racquet, not much of an adjustment. If I remove the grip, I now get about 16 gram to add anywhere to achieve my atarget weight. Second reason is that I like the feel of the 'sharper edges of the handle with just an overgrip only. It feels to me easier to change grip positons. Personal preference. I buy a 4 5/8, then take off the grip, add an overgrip and have a 4 1/2 handle.
Fair enough, I just thought it would be a waste of time filling in the numbers of removing a grip and then putting it back on, with an overgrip only of course it makes sense.

Quote:

And why does, with the balance if you have 12.5 inch balance equal 8.5 points? If its a standard 27 inch racquet surely the balance is (13.5-12.5)*8?
Easy answer, just adjust the Racquet lenght field to 69cm , if it is a 27" racquet. THat example is 68.58cm ie not 27". hence the discrepancy
But adjusting the CM length does nothing different because you're equation for calculating the points involved inches, ie. 27*2.54
EDIT: Hmm I'm a little confused by my own work now, don't worry about it. ALSO: Where do you get the (/0.3) from? Like your equation is Half the length minus the balance point from the buttcap divided by 0.3. I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with why the 0.3 is there. Something to do with the Inch/CM conversion?