|05-05-2012, 02:43 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chesterfield, MO
2012 NCAA Menís Tennis Tournament Sudden Death Challenge
Welcome to Inaugural NCAA Men’s Tennis Tournament Sudden Death Challenge. For those that have been on the Pro Results Board you've seen this for all the Masters level events. I thought it'd be fun to do it for the NCAAs. Winner gets bragging rights for the next year.
Rules of the game:
1. Every day of the tournament that day's matches will be posted. You pick a team or teams who you think are going to win. It's a knock out-system: if the team(s) you picked wins, you're through to the next round. If they lose, you're out.
2. For the 1st 2 rounds, you have to pick two (2) teams per round. Starting in the Round of 16 and for the quarters, semis and finals you pick one (1) team per round.
3. During the tournament you can only pick a team ONCE. The goal is to stay in it by picking teams that you expect to win but not necessarily win it all. You don’t want to waste a pick on one of the Big 5 early otherwise even if you make it to the finals you won’t have a team left to pick. If you somehow have no teams left to pick, you're out.
4. Your pick(s) have to be in before the start of the match.
5. If you want to change you pick, make a new post quoting the old pick. Edited posts containing picks will not be taken into account.
6. The winner is the last one standing – if there are multiple people still alive going into the finals they’ll be a tiebreaker added in. The tiebreaker will be to not only pick a winner but to also pick the score and pick who wins the individual matches.
With the 1st and 2nd rounds running back to back days on either Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday and with some 2nd round matches being held at the same time as 1st round matches it will be permissible for you to pick your 2 winners for both rounds at the same time. Of course if one of those teams loses in the 1st round you're out.
Make your picks in the following format:
Round 1: USC, UCLA
I'll post results at the end of each day and I'll make sure the days matches are posted as early as possible. If you have any questions about the format, etc. let me know.
Good luck to all!!
Last edited by TopDawg; 05-06-2012 at 06:28 AM.
|05-05-2012, 03:07 PM||#3|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chesterfield, MO
1st Round Matches
You only need to pick 2 winners from all these matches. You do NOT have to pick 1 winner from Friday and 1 from Saturday, they can both be from the same day or be spread out between the 2 days.
Day 1 of Round 1 of the NCAAs - Friday May 11th
Auburn (17-32) vs Drake (33-48 ) at Champaign IL
Western Michigan (49-64) vs Illinois (16) at Champaign IL
Mississippi State (9) vs (49-64) Alcorn State at Starkville MS
Baylor (17-32) vs Memphis (33-48 ) at Starksville MS
Indiana (17-32) vs Louisville (33-48 ) at Lexington KY
Radford (49-64) vs Kentucky (6) at Lexington KY
Pepperdine (7) vs Green Bay (49-64) at Malibu CA
Washington (17-32) vs North Carolina State (33-48 ) at Malibu CA
Tulsa (17-32) vs Minnesota (33-48 ) at Norman OK
UMKC (49-64) vs Oklahoma (10) at Norman OK
Day 2 of Round 1 of the NCAAs - Saturday May 12th
USC (1) vs Fairfield (49-64) at Los Angeles CA
Texas A&M (17-32) vs South Carolina (33-48 ) at Los Angeles CA
LSU (17-32) vs Northwestern (33-48 ) at Durham NC
Georgia Washington (49-64) vs Duke (8 ) at Durham NC
Ohio State (5) vs East Tennessee State (49-64) at Columbus OH
Notre Dame (17-32) vs Vanderbilt (33-48 ) at Columbus OH
Harvard (17-32) vs Virginia Tech (33-48 ) at Gainesville FL
Navy (49-64) vs Florida (12) at Gainesville FL
Ole Miss (13) vs Binghamton (49-64) at Oxford MS
Michigan (17-32) vs Middle Tennessee State (33-48 ) at Oxford MS
San Diego (17-32) vs Fresno State (33-48 ) at Los Angeles CA
Eastern Kentucky (49-64) vs UCLA (4) at Los Angeles CA
Virginia (3) vs Fairleigh Dickinson (49-64) at Charlottesville VA
VCU (17-32) vs Columbia (33-48 ) at Charlottesville VA
Texas Tech (17-32) vs Cal-Poly (33-48 ) at Berkeley CA
UTSA (49-64) vs Cal (14) at Berkeley CA
Stanford (11) vs Sacramento State (49-64) at Palo Alto CA
Texas (17-32) vs Santa Clara (33-48 ) at Palo Alto CA
North Carolina (15) vs College of Charleston (49-64) at Chapel Hill NC
Tennessee (17-32) vs UNC Wilmington (33-48 ) at Chapel Hill NC
Florida State (17-32) vs Boise State (33-48 ) at Athens GA
South Carolina State (49-64) vs Georgia (2) at Athens GA
Last edited by TopDawg; 05-05-2012 at 04:13 PM.
|05-06-2012, 08:58 AM||#10|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: In the future
Babolat Pure drive 2012, 55 lbs, Kirschbaum Proline X / X-1 biphase. Nalbandian backhand and Nadal forehand.
|05-07-2012, 03:49 PM||#17|
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Antonio/Austin
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|