|11-08-2012, 10:14 AM||#1|
Hall Of Fame
Join Date: Jan 2012
Time for another rules quiz!
These questions will be from the Rules and from "The Code":
1. Who is responsible for making the call when a player hits a ball that bounces on the court before going over the net?
A. The player that hit the ball
B. The opponent
2. If a ball falls out of a player's pocket during a point, then later in the match, the same player's hat flies off during a point, what would be the correct ruling, assuming both were called in a timely fashion?
A. Let both times, since they are two different types of events
B. Let for the ball falling out, then loss of point for the hat flying off
C. Loss of point both times because both were hindrances
3. In doubles, one partner calls a shot out, and when asked, the other partner says, "I don't know, I didn't see it".
A. The team that originally called it out loses the point because the partner didn't see it and this shows doubt
B. The call of "out" stands, as both partners don't have to agree on the call, they just can't "disagree".
4. If one player refuses the 5-minute warm-up prior to a match, then:
A. The other player is entitled to a 5 minute warm-up with any person of his/her choice, with coaching allowed
B. The other player is entitled to a 5 minute warm-up with any person of his/her choice, with NO coaching allowed
C. The other player can hit serves for 5 minutes, but can't choose another person to come warm-up with
D. The warm-up doesn't happen
5. What are the dimensions of a DOUBLES court
A. 100' X 36'
B. 78' X 36'
C. 78' X 27'
6. How many dampening devices is a player allowed to have on a racket, assuming placed in the proper position on the racket?
C. As many as they want
7. A tournament posted on it's website that all matches would be played, "Best of 3 sets, with a 10-point match tiebreak in lieu of the third set". In one match, the players began to play an actual full set, and the error was discovered at 3-0.
A. The match is over
B. Restart the set and play a match tiebreak
C. Continue playing out a full third set
8. Same as the question 7, but this time, the error is discovered at 2-1 in the third set.
A. Continue playing until the score reaches 3-1 or 2-2. At 3-1, the match is over. At 2-2 play a 10-point MATCH tiebreak.
B. Continue playing until the score reaches 3-1 or 2-2. At 3-1, the match is over. At 2-2 play a STANDARD SET tiebreak (first to 7 by 2).
C. Continue playing a full third set
D. Restart the set and play a match tiebreak.
9. May a tournament referee authorize a player to wear a cell phone in vibrate mode in certain situations such as when the player is an on-call doctor or emergency medical responder?
10. If a player's racket flies out of his hand during the serve, and the serve lands in the proper court, then:
A. The server can call a let
B. The receiver can call a let
C. Play continues, unless the racket hits the net or the receiver's court
D. The server loses the point based on the hindrance rule