|11-12-2012, 04:06 PM||#10|
Join Date: Apr 2011
Favourite (in chronological order):
1. Nadal almost winning the AO, narrowly losing to Djokovic instead of previous year's beatdowns.
2. John Isner making his first Masters final (at IW).
3. Nadal regaining his clay dominance over Djokovic at MC,Rome and the FO.
4. Djokovic making his first FO final.
5. Murray making his first Wimbledon final.
6. Federer winning Wimbledon, his first Slam title in 2 and a half years.
7. Murray winning the Olympic gold medal.
8. Murray winning the USO, his first Slam title.
9. Kei Nishikori becoming the first Japanese player to win Tokyo.
10. Del Potro winning Basel and recording his first win over Federer this year in 7 attempts.
11. Jerzy Janowicz becoming the first qualifier to make a Masters final since Harel Levy in 2000.
12. Ferrer winning Paris-Bercy, his first Masters 1000 title.
13. Djokovic winning his second WTF title in London.
Least favourite (in chronological order):
1. Murray losing first match at IW.
2. Murray losing final of Miami.
3. Nadal and Djokovic losing early in Madrid and then saying they wouldn't play it again unless the blue clay was changed back to red.
3. Djokovic losing final of FO.
4. Murray losing opening match at Queens.
5. Nalbandian kicking a linesman in the final of Queens and getting disqualified.
6. Nadal losing in 2nd round of Wimbledon.
7. Nadal disappearing from the tour indefinitely since losing at Wimbledon.
8. Murray losing Wimbledon final.
9. Murray losing to Chardy in 3rd round of Cincinnati.
10.The weather delays at the USO.
11. The retirements of Andy Roddick and Kim Clijsters at the USO.
10. Murray's failure to convert 8 match points in 3 consecutive tournaments especially 5 in the final of Shanghai.
11. Murray failing to make the final of the WTF.
12.The stupid decision of the ATP to play the Paris Masters and the WTF back to back for the first time which meant that most players either pulled out of Paris (Federer) or tanked early to get ready for London (Djokovic, Murray, Del Potro, Berdych, Tsonga?).
‘Oh my God, Andy, you look so sexy tonight!' (a text from Rafael Nadal to Andy Murray)