|11-15-2012, 11:31 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Here we go again-Demo Time "Power but with Control"
Hi Fellow TT'ers,
I'm at a rather interesting junction in my not so illustrious tennis career.I feel the need to find that special stick that still allows me to maintain my only real weapon - decent 1st serve velocity, combined with a decent 2nd serve kicker, and with plenty of directional control on all groundies
2. Played with Pure Drives primarily for over 10 years
3. Eastern Forehand, Single backhand
3. Decent serve, inconsistent ground strokes
4. Flat hitter (can't quite seem to master top spin)
5. UK LTA rating = 7.2 (possibly equivilant to a US 3.5, not sure)
6. Play four times a week
Currently use a stock Pure Drive (2012) with VS Gut at 57lbs.
(I sometimes yearn for more plowthrough) For some reason I have just not had the success in winning matches with this stick. I've tried lead, but that's just a constant head game for me.....
My demo list:
1. Technifibre 305 - in demo now, and I got a Love-Hate thing going on, but mostly love. Good power on tap for serving, better control on gorundies, but less forgiving and feels more stiff than my Pure Drive's. I think my shoulder may feel a wee bit sore too, but not sure it's fair to blame the 305 on that, as it was a bit sore before i started the demo.
2. Pure Storm Tour is next up (I once owned a PS GT 2009, but did not like the head heavy balance)
3. Pure Drive Roddick (again)
4. 2013 Aeropro drive
If anyone has any views or advice, or recommendations, I'm all ears and eyes !
Thanks and cheers all
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|