|01-25-2013, 03:11 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GPS Rushfit for Tennis
After I did P90X (slightly modified to work with my tennis schedule), I decided to do something different. Here's my post on this forum about my P90X adventure: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=385477
I completed full 90 days of P90X the first time, and started doing the second round. About half way in the second round, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder, and decided I had enough of it. All in all, I enjoyed doing it, and it was a great introduction to work at home videos.
However, P90X gets boring after a while. There's a lot of rest/waiting around in between exercises. And not enough cardio/core kind of stuff that we need for tennis. (I got my cardio workout playing tennis, it complemented it nicely).
Accidentally, I stumbled upon Insanity, and started doing it for 3 weeks, but it was too much with my tennis schedule and moving to my new place.
Fast forward few months later, I discovered George St Pier's Rushfit. I just completed full 60 days of it, and it was a lot of fun! Rushfit is based on MMA (mixed martial art) training, and translates nicely into tennis. All videos are about 40 minutes long (including the warm up).
Here are the Rushfit videos and my quick review of each:
* DVD 1: STRENGTH & ENDURANCE WORKOUT
- Excellent video, 5/5 stars! A lot of balancing, isometrics, and endurance based workout routines.
* DVD 2: ABDOMINAL STRENGTH & CORE TRAINING
- Another really fun video. My abs are finally starting to show. 5/5 stars.
* DVD 3: THE FIGHT CONDITIONING WORKOUT
- I didn't like this video, it's supposed to be cardio. There's lots of combination moves, and it was tough for me to follow. I replaced it by playing tennis. 2/5 stars.
* DVD 4: EXPLOSIVE POWER TRAINING
- This is supposed to be plyometrics dvd. Definitely the weakest video. It felt like waste of time, it was really easy. Do P90X plyo instead. 1/5 stars.
* DVD 5: FULL BODY STRENGTH & CONDITIONING WORKOUT
- Another excellent video 5/5 stars.
* DVD 6: (2 workouts)
BALANCE & AGILITY and
- I loved this video. It's the shortes4/5 stars.
STRETCHING FOR FLEXIBILITY
- This was kind of a weak video, I did P90X yoga instead - way better. 2/5 stars.
All in all, Rushit helped me with my core strength, balance and agility on the court.
I'm more than happy to answer any Rushfit questions!
www.laddero.com <--- Please help me beta-test my new (free) ladder and tournament management website
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|