|05-04-2013, 03:49 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Getting Energy on Long Matches
I seem to be running out of energy in long matches these days.
I have tried GU, but it spikes for a while then there is a big let down that
makes you crash depletes your energy.
Wanted to know what would be good and looking for something outside the
the food realm.
Last edited by Rob1; 05-04-2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Incorrect spelling here
|05-06-2013, 10:45 AM||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Did you follow through with your plans for off season training?
Cross Fit Training http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446633
How often are you playing, and at what level?
Do you currently do off court training?
There is a lot of good information in the following free easy-to-read booklet from the USTA:
Recovery in Tennis http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/dps/...%20VERSION.pdf
It's pretty amazing they can cram in information all the areas below in a booklet you can read in 20 minutes.
• Nutritional Aspects of Tennis Recovery
• Heat and Hydration Aspects of Tennis Recovery
• Psychological Aspects of Tennis Recovery
• Recovery Aspects of Young Tennis Players
• Physiological Aspects of Tennis Recovery
• Musculoskeletal Injuries/ Orthopedics Aspects of Tennis Injury
• General Medical Aspects of Recovery
• Coaching Specific Aspects of Recovery
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|