|03-02-2006, 02:35 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Technical: Static Weight vs Swing Weight
1) Swingweight is the moment of inertia of a racquet being rotated from the handle as a pivot.
2) Static weight is the total mass of the racquet.
3) 2 racquets with the same swingweight may have a different static weight.
4) 2 racquets with the same static weight may have a different swingweight.
5) When you swing a racquet, two different things happen:
a) The whole racquet is accelerated forward.
b) The racquet head is rotated/pivoted around the handle.
6) Swingweight affects how fast the racquet can be pivoted around.
7) Static weight affects how fast the whole racquet can be swung forward.
Swingweight is not directly proportional to the balance point and static weight, rather more dependent on distribution of mass.
Yonex Club Member #005; RDX Club Member #502
RDX 500 mid; Supergrap; 850 57/54