Why is Kevin Anderson labeled RSA (Republic of South Africa)? It is my understanding he is now a United States Citizen. Varvara Lepchenko, a naturalized United States citizen is listed as USA? Anyone know or am I wrong that Anderson is a USC?
Pretty sad state of U.S. tennis when DY is hope of entire country to make sure not shut out by 3rd round. I know Sam Querry still left. No U.S. male will make the 2nd week of a grand slam-again. I'm depressed.
Although I see Nadal as the best of the last 5 years, i do have several comments
1. Before I crown him GOAT he needs to win at least one grend slam (all 4 in one year). Laver's 2 Grand Slams will probably never be equalled
2. Much as I love his play, I am not sure Nadal's body will hold up...
1. Wimby-at one time 3 of 4 GS's on grass. W is the lone remainder
2. USO-night matches add a luster to the year end Grand Slam
3. AO-first GS of the year. While I freeze in U.S., I can watch players suffer in the heat of an Aussie summer
4. French-last but not least. Watch the grinder...
Obviously the question is whether Nadal will win another slam other than the French Open. As a 7 time FO winner and 3 time defending Champ at FO, i'll go out on a limb and say he has another FO title in the tank. Given his playing style which is very hard on the body, I think the poster who...
Not gonna happen, but what a perfect way to exit the stage. I'd be pulling for AROD. For all the grief he has gotten (on this board) he die win one and has 4 additional finals appearances. It would be a nice finish-and guarantee highest TV ratings for USO ever.