I don't see much positivity for Jeff. I see nothing but variations of "must be nice that a billionaire can launch himself into space when many of his employees/millions of people are struggling every day to survive on 3 jobs". I guess as a trek fan the symbolism is great, but frankly the money...
exactly...and Martina's Peak was arguably probably 82-86 (her absolute best was 1984), starting waning in 87. 88 she was still phenominally good compared to the vast majority of the tour, but her peak was over by that point.
and I say this as someone who favors her in the GOAT argument. But I'm...
89.  Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) vs.  Hubert Hurkacz (POL) Hurkacz in 3, 30
90.  Cameron Norrie (GBR) vs.  Diego Schwartzman (ARG) Schwartzman in 2, 20
91. Taylor Fritz (USA) vs.  Alexander Zverev (GER) Zverev in 2, 20
92. Nikoloz Basilashvili (GEO) vs.  Stefanos...
This is arguably one of the safest "woulda coulda shoulda" arguments in the world however. She was practically 200-1 on clay during this period with just 1 lost to Tracy Austin across all those matches. Even if you went INSANELY conservative she would still have won at least 1 of those French...
81.  Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) vs.  Daniil Medvedev (RUS) Medevev in 2 20
82.  Aslan Karatsev (RUS) vs.  Hubert Hurkacz (POL) Hurkacz in 2 20
83. Tommy Paul (USA) vs.  Cameron Norrie (GBR) Norrie in 3 28
84.  Diego Schwartzman (ARG) vs.  Casper Ruud (NOR)...
THIRD ROUND - BOTTOM HALF:
73.  Matteo Berrettini (ITA) vs. Taylor Fritz (USA) Berrettini in 2
74.  John Isner (USA) vs.  Jannik Sinner (ITA) CONGRATS BIG JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry I had to :)
75.  Gael Monfils (FRA) vs. Kevin Anderson (RSA) Monfils in 2
76. Andy Murray...
I definitely consider Dementieva, along with Sukova and Shriver, the best ladies to not have a major title. But its still a small list. Stretch the point and add potentially Safina, MJ Fernandez....Morozova? Its not like...a huge list no matter how you swing it out.