Having watched the entire match and his gestures involving the shoe (the smirk on his face while testing the traction) I would assume that he wasn't feeling that secure with the grip he was getting on those fast courts.
If the Parley SoleCourt Boosts he dug out from his locker had custom soles...
Eh? That means nothing...he is one of the adidas players that pretty much exclusively wear the Solecourt and Ubersonic line.
Only time he ever wore Barricades since moving to adidas was on grass (limited options there with SCBs and UBs).
Fact that he isn't wearing Barricades doesn't say much...
- Stand a lot deeper than usual
- Time your split-step to be just before contact, momentum moving forward
- Use almost no backswing whatsover
- Aim for the centre hash
- Use open stance on both wings
- Act like you're unfazed at all times :sneaky:
A few notable points for the busy/lazy :rolleyes::
- Clay version? Allllll the way in Spring 2022
- The outsole is a new compound and expected to be more durable than previous Barricades
- The huge 'Adidas' on the medial side was initially supposed to say 'Barricade'...and is actually...
Ok, jokes aside, I'll just say this - here in the UK I've managed to play on many types and grades of clay, from watered and well-maintained European red all the way to synthetic that is just a dusting of red sand on thin astroturf.
My club happens to lie in-between: reasonably maintained...