I had thought about doing this for a long time but never tried it until now. Then last week a fellow TTW poster mentioned that the Tennis Professor had played around with the concept in some recent experiments. So I decided to give it try. I had one of my Diablo mids strung up with every other cross string skipped, to give an extremely open and spin-friendly pattern. Mains: Ashaway Kevlar 16 @ 35 lbs. Crosses: Prince Tournament Poly 16 @ 60 lbs. I strung the crosses much tighter than the mains to make sure that the stresses on the frame were distributed evenly to avoid any frame distortion. The Kevlar mains can stretch laterally extremely easily against the slippery poly crosses, while the tight crosses are relatively rigid to give the bed some stiffness. My normal setup with 16x20 pattern is the same string combo at 45/44 lbs. The 16x10 pattern felt slightly softer than my usual 16x20 setup. The frame has about 15g of mass added at 10 and 2, plus about 12g added above the handle about 10" from the butt. The butt is modified to give a grip position that shortens the effective length to 26-5/8". The effective SW is about 360. The frame plays very stiff and stable, but ordinarily not that spin-friendly with this weighting setup. I took it out for some serves today. There was a huge difference in rebound angle that took a while to adjust to. My first few serves were almost hitting the back fence in the air. Once I started adjusting by closing the face more, the serves started dropping with significantly more action than usual. It took very little effort to hit hard spin serves that bounce quite high against the fence. Twist serves that kick sideways were much easier to do reliably too. The power level is also significantly higher than with my usual setup. I hit a few groudstrokes from dropped balls, and initially had the same issue with the unexpectedly high rebound angle - I was hitting 10 feet long on the forehands from dropped balls until I adjusted by closing the face a lot. My 2hbs from dropped balls felt more natural and controlled, with welcome added grip on the ball. I haven't yet taken the time to tune the weight distribution against the wall like I usually do before I hit with a frame - the reduced amount of cross string reduced the SW by about 6kg-cm^2 from how I had it tuned before, so it will take a little rebalancing to get the forehand dialed in. I'll get it balanced and hit against a partner this weekend. I really liked this super-open pattern on serves. I'm not yet sure whether I'll like it for the other parts of my game, or whether the extra bite will prove too much of a control issue for volleys.