Discussion in 'Pro Match Results and Discussion' started by JayChu, May 10, 2013.
Sick to death of losing on retirements. Is any one healthy?
LOL. This game is too jokes
wow makarova was the troll, retiring but why I dont know, so Melanie wins!
Other winners so far:
Burnett d Cornet
Lisicki d Burdette
Peng d Niculesco
Morita d Cirstea
Muguruza d Johansson
wow just wow
Jeez! Cirstea out! i knew i shouldnt trust her. 2 of my other 3 picks made it .... Muguruza and Lisicki. Oh we'll it's not like they're so reliable either. I almost switched to Mak last night, but I just knew the trollage was coming. Oh well. Such is the fun of sudden death. Good luck to the survivors.
It's not even worth doing any research on these matches because rankings and prior meetings mean nothing. Total roll of the dice unless it is Serena or Sharapova.
Can I still pick from the last match?
Yes. The match hasn't started so you're good to go
Of course Kuznetsova decides that she wants to troll everyone that picked her.
Day 1: Schiavone
LOL oh man, WTA trolling especially hard today
Kuznetsova about to get bageled in set 2 after a set 1 breadstick....what on earth is that all about. I almost changed my pick to her...so glad I didn't!
What a trashing of Kuznetsova, I am glad I woke up too late to pick her
Svettie wasn't quite hungry enough for the bagel, settling on a second breadstick but she did manage to take all of the suspense of Rome WTA SDL for me. Twice in a row now a Slam winner has been my ticket out (Kvitova in Madrid).
Can't believe my luck, I feel like I've won the event.
Day 2: Ivanovic
Day 2: Vinci
What wonderful results from the first day of the event. Good luck to the very few survivors.
So after day 1, 70% of the field has been eliminated. LOL
Day 2. Ivanovic.:?
I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief that dcdoorknob picked Makarova!
She seemed a smart pick. When was the last time Oudin won a main draw match anyway LOL. I would picked Kuzzie if not Maka soooooo lol good luck all
Oudin was 2-10 on the year before the Makarova match. She had won a match last week in Madrid, before that her last win was in January.
I almost picked her too. But I figured since so many had chosen her she was destined to troll!
Day 2: Radwanska
God if day 1 was rough, there aren't any day 2 matches I feel remotely confident about.
Julia Goerges for day 2
Day 2: M Kirilenko
2013 WTA ROME MASTERS - DAY TWO - TUESDAY, MAY 14
1.  C Wozniacki (DEN) vs. B Jovanovski (SRB)
2. [Q] A Medina Garrigues (ESP) vs.  M Kirilenko (RUS)
3. [Q] L Tsurenko (UKR) vs. V Lepchenko (USA)
4. J Goerges (GER) vs. [Q] A Hlavackova (CZE)
5. E Vesnina (RUS) vs.  R Vinci (ITA)
6.  P Kvitova (CZE) vs. S Lisicki (GER)
7. [WC] K Knapp (ITA) vs. C McHale (USA)
8. K Mladenovic (FRA) vs.  D Cibulkova (SVK)
9. J Zheng (CHN) vs. M Rybarikova (SVK)
10.  S Stephens (USA) vs. [WC] F Pennetta (ITA)
11.  A Ivanovic (SRB) vs. U Radwanska (POL)
12. K Flipkens (BEL) vs. Y Wickmayer (BEL)
13.  A Radwanska (POL) vs. [Q] S Halep (ROU)
14. A Pavlychenkova (RUS) vs. R Oprandi (SUI)
15.  N Petrova (RUS) vs. C Suarez Navarro (ESP)
16.  S Williams (USA) vs. L Robson (GBR)
purespin, please specify which Radwanska sister you're choosing. A Radwanska or U Radwanska?
Day 2: Wozniacki
Day 2: Zheng
We need someone to win this thing! This is just embarrassing.
Day 2 A Raddy
Up 4-0 in the third set, then 5-2 in the tiebreaker, and she still loses to an injured Serbian journeywoman.
WTA SDL is like playing your favorite videogame on Hell mode.
Lol yea it is. Wow what a loss.
Why would you pick woz against anyone? That's your own fault imo.
A 21 year old journywoman wow you're harsh. The world number one is a decade older and this player is already on the scrap heap.
WTH happened? I thought Ivanovic was playing the other Radwanska:-?
This is total yokes!
Sorry I have no idea there is another Radwanska. I picked 13.  A Radwanska (POL) in my original post.
If that's too late, I can pick the other one as well, given the unpredictable WTA
Day 3: Na Li
Jay, are sure this is right?
"SCORE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT
1 correct pick: 50
2 correct picks: 150 <------ 100?
3 correct picks: 200
4 correct picks: 250
5 correct picks: 470
6 correct picks: 620
It looks like I'm late for both matches. A Radwanska lost anyway. So I'm out, right?
Good luck, guys!
And then there were 4, lol, this is beyond ridiculous.
Day 3 Pick: Roberta Vinci
lol I know. I seriously didn't know who to pick though. It's like a mine field.
Day 3: Kirilenko
2013 WTA ROME MASTERS - DAY THREE - MAY 15, 2013
1. J Zheng (CHN) vs.  N Li (CHN)
2. [WC] N Burnett (ITA) vs.  R Vinci (ITA)
3. [Q] M Oudin (USA) vs.  D Cibulkova (SVK)
4.  S Errani (ITA) vs. C McHale (USA)
5. B Jovanovski (SRB) vs. J Jankovic (SRB)
6. S Peng (CHN) vs.  S Stosur (AUS)
7. V Lepchenko (USA) vs.  M Kirilenko (RUS)
8. Y Wickmayer (BEL) vs. [LL] L Dominguez Lino (ESP)
9.  S Stephens (USA) vs. K Bertens (NED)
10. [Q] G Muguruza (ESP) vs.  M Sharapova (RUS)
11. C Suarez Navarro (ESP) vs. R Oprandi (SUI)
12. U Radwanska (POL) vs. A Morita (JPN)
13. J Goerges (GER) vs.  V Azarenka (BLR)
Day 3: Cibulkova...Oudin can't win two in a row, can she?
Never say never when it comes to the WTA.
Predictably unpredictable is the WTA. We survived another day.
Day 4: Azarenka
Day 4: V Azarenka
Day 4: Sharapova
Day 4: Suarez Navarro
Separate names with a comma.