Handwringerering is using up all their energy.Where are all the Rafa-haters? Usually by now there are two pages of them whining about Rafa's cupcake draw.
This year's RG should be a very exciting tournament, Meles.Handwringerering is using up all their energy.
I have/had Fed as 2nd best player on clay, though Nole now has those honors. They're confused as to whether to call this weak era, etc., lest they undermine an improbable Fed RG triumph which is very, very possible with the Bull teetering on hard decline.
Rome is going to be very, very interesting. Madrid was amazing; ripping the whole clay field open.
2015-2016 clay era we had:
and then things fell off a cliff.
2019 Strongest eraerer everer on clay:
Plus some very nice dark horses; Fognini, Medvedev
Then maybe a high quality just below this:
Garin - two tournaments and a final on clay so far this year (Geneva next)
Berritini - huge clay serve game that should work at slams
Pella - slam stamina now, but maybe not quite enough serve game
Wawrinka is still around and wants a last big run, but knees may not allow it. Also have clay sensations Ruud (54% points won) and Davidovich Fokina who could pull some upsets, but not ready to handle rigors of going deep at slam though Ruud does have the serve efficiency.
Its just loaded, so the Frauderista weakeraists have steam coming out of their ears right now. The familiar pigeons of the past are gone with Ferrer retired and I guess we had Soderling as the only other clay playerer of any significance. Field is loaded this year and lots of fresh faces.
This match is like a tragedy; we'd all be cheering if it were two servebots, but I guess we can be happy that the field is bereft of them this year with Isner and Anderson not playing Rome.1R Smurf matchup of Short Diego vs Tiny Nishioka. I’m trying to think of a shorter historical matchup...Rochus vs either his brother or Jaime Yzaga?
I'd rate Madrid the best Masters everer for field and matches from R16 to the final.This year's RG should be a very exciting tournament, Meles.
If Rome and RG are half as good as Madrid was, we're all in for a treat.I'd rate Madrid the best Masters everer for field and matches from R16 to the final.
In Rome we have a couple less exciting round of 16 matchups like (the remaining are nice):
1. Cilic vs Nishikori, but Pella would be some quality if he can take both of them out to make QF and Pella v Cilic a dandy match.
2. Nadal vs Basilashvilli/Djere also not high, high on my list but these two are the reigning Hamburg and Rio champs so may not be too bad (and Basha hurt Nadal a bit at US Open)
12. Medvedev vs 1 Djoko - you can't beat that given the history
Tsits v Fed - another great one
Thiem v Rafa
Zverev v Pella/Cilic/Nishikori winner probably good match.
Could end up with another great event with betterer QFs and rinse and repeat for SFs with the hope of Zverev v Djoko Rome rematch.
I reckon Zedrot is getting pretty hungry right now and is about like a dam to break onto the field.
We'll see how RG draws. If Thiem is 4 seed then we're assured of fine event with Tsits and Zverev getting a big name for QF opponent. The draw cannot get too imbalanced.
I'm looking forward too Fognini tomorrow plus the following:Tsonga - ****ing Fognini
what you want more?
Kyrgios - Medvedev
thanks. you could be a good detective. plz post me with further investigations of every "crime scene". but leave out the under 1000.I'm looking forward too Fognini tomorrow plus the following:
1. FAA vs Coric
2. Demon vs Cecchinato (hoping Demon comes out of hip issues and surprise; took set from Thiem in Davis Cup last Fall right after US Open on clay.)
3. Khach vs Sonego (dangerous new Italian with big serve and forehand)
4. PCB vs Shapo (hoping Shapo comes out of funk)
5. Evans vs Ruud (this is all about Ruud who was around 54% points won on clay for year which is excellent and massive serve game that could give him legs at RG)
Other tasty first rounders that will have to be on Tuesday:
1. Goffin vs Wawrinka - just a wow if one of these guys could get hot like in years past on clay
2. Midget 1 vs Midget 2 - (Schwartzioka)
3. Monfils vs ARV to see if Gael is still building form
4. Struff vs Dimitrov - the worm is coaching Greegor @ArcspacE
5. Fritz vs Pella - Fritz keeps qualifying and doing well on clay, so a nice test for him
6. Tiafoe vs Sousa - Estoril final from last year and Tiafoe now dangerous at slams it appears
7. Gasquet vs Chardy - Reechard looked very, very nice in long match with Fokina last week (crazy new heavy spin/pace baseline hugger who also loves to drop and lob like crazy.) He was gassed against Federe so hoping he's got his form back.
I voted Djoko for you. I think the draw is against Thiem, Federe, Tsits, and Rafa because of their QF showdowns.Nadal leading the poll? Is that a joke? He is going out before the semifinals.
Shapo's win over Tsits at Miami was impressive and Tsits was playing great the whole match. Eventually someone will give Denis a brain rather than loaning him one for a match once in a while.thanks. you could be a good detective. plz post me with further investigations of every "crime scene". but leave out the under 1000.
usually i dont have the time to watch it all and i pick a few. it will be a interesting tournament!
i just see something more in Shapo than Tsitsi - dont know why - maybe because denis more "watchable" to me
You know nothing, brother!!!3R possible vs Basilashvili, who troubled him at USO’18 and then QF vs Timmie. Not cupcake.
At the moment no draw is automatically easy for Nadal.Not this time. Nadal has a tough draw from hell--need to beat Thiem/Fed/Djoko back to back to back to win the title.
One exception doesn't change in the most competitive prime of the big three, from 2008 to 2012, Fed and Djokovic were almost always playing in the SFs. And USO 2017.
Do you have confidence that Nadal can overcome a tough draw on his favorite surface?
All top 30 players from the previous year end rankings are required to play every M1K except M-C. The player must have a valid medical excuse to be exempt or have played 600 matches, been an ATP member with 10 years of service and/or 31 years of age at the start of the year. Each category earns one exemption per year but meeting all three earns the player unlimited exemptions.What is the rule, why would it not be allowed? i definitely think Tsitsipas should withdraw and rest up for RG.
Fed has Coric and Tsitsipas but he should get through his quarter if he is serious about Rome. Nadal Thiem QF is the expected of that quarter. At this point the outcome would be a toss up.At the moment no draw is automatically easy for Nadal.
Not sure Fed will make it to Nadal though and Djokovic might not make the final of Rome straight after winning Madrid but I a good chance he has to play thiem and maybe even Tsitsipas again if he can have another deep run. Honestly though you cant write off the chances of Nadal being given problems by any player who happens to play a very high level
On second thought, after he got a game to not get bageled.... maybe... just maybe he's conserving energy to win RG?*sigh* Players just made sure they troll The Old Man, but they don't bring it against others. Monfils brought Fedr to the brink just last week, and he showed this today? Le Sigh.