He was given a WC but has given it back, citing a need for more practice/off-court preparation.No Wawrinka??
Jarry continues to play only tiebreak matches. Today he beat Hanfmann in straight sets 7-6(7-5) 7-6(7-2).I was checking today scores, and the match that Nicolás Jarry won over Thiago Monteiro caught my attention because of its stats.
Jarry will play Y. Hanfmann in the next round, who beat the former’s countryman Garín in straight sets.
- Jarry won the 3 tiebreaker match 6-7(9-11) 7-6(7-4) 7-6(8-6)
- There were no break points converted during all the match. Monteiro had none, but Jarry could not convert any of the 11 he had.
- Jarry squandered 5 set points in the first set tiebreaker, before Monteiro could convert his second SP.
- In the 3rd set tiebreaker, Monteiro had one MP on Jarry’s serve at 5-6. Jarry could win the match after his only MP with Monteiro serving at 6-7.
- Jarry hit 37 aces and 1 DF. Monteiro had 9 aces and no DF.
- Match duration: 3 hours and 11 minutes.
In Gstaad, for example, the locals speak „Berndütsch“, as is common in the Bernese Oberland. When speaking with foreigners many Swiss automatically switch to Swiss High German, so that they are not at all hard to understand.
In order to be able to live in Gstaad and communicate with locals and guests alike you should have a good command of German. In addition you should also speak English and French.
German is the official language of Gstaad, but many of its 9,000 residents also speak fluent English.