In anticipation of Yonex's upcoming tentative August 2023 refresh to the VCore Pro silo, I figured I'd make the thread now so we can discuss pre-release info, anticipated specs and what we'd like to see.
I'll start off, as this post was spurred on by a recent revisit of the '21 VCP 97 310, which is overall an excellent racquet, especially with a bit of weight added.
For 2023, I'd like to see the following overall adjustments:
- Power: overall, remove the power plateau of the lighter 97's
- Beam: 97's: possible bump to 22mm (like the 6.1 95); 100: leave at 23mm
- Feel: more direct/raw, with a minimizing of VDM, more of a return to the 2017 blue/red
- Flex: removal of the excessive throat flex and pocketing; increase RA stiffness just a bit, back up to 2017 levels (63-64RA max)
Specific Model Changes:
- 97 290/310: Solidify the upper hoop
- 97D: drop 5 grams to make it a 315, make it less cumbersome to wield (more like the HD again)
- 97H: minimal changes
- 100: possible string pattern change to 16x20?
What does everyone else think? Discuss!