An all ROIDS Final!!!!

paintjob

New User
Tennis is learning from baseball and giving people what they want...power!!!

Just kidding. (but who knows)

Does anyone know what Nadal ate before he started the match. Commentator said it was a power bar or something. It didn't look like a power bar though. It kinda looked like a pouch of sugar candy or something. What ever it is I need and want some if it can make me be hype and jump all over the place like Nadal.

On another note, how many babolat aerodrives are being sold right now?
 
T

tunaslaughter

Guest
Baseball was on the demise....then came roids. Tennis been in a demise in the US...it needs roids now!! American juniors need to juice up. Looking forward to the ALL ROIDS FINAL.


I could use some of that "candy" for sure. Sign me up for an Aerodrive now!!!!
 
It's a sachet of glucose and corn sugar syrup probably made by Lucozade sports drinks or a competitor.

orange flavour they give you an almost instant rush.

they taste shockingly sickly and a awful chemical aftertaste with a slight note of car tyre and toe jam.

regards,

tricky.
 
T

TwistServe

Guest
Lets see.. Nadal is on some type of nandralone... Puerta is on some type of clenbuteral.. I say its a balanced match LOL
 
Nadal no way man.

hes 18 and the testosterone is way off the scale.

can you imagine asking this guy to leave the free weights alone.

he wants it man like a lot of 18 yr olds.

and at the mo he looks like he's taking it too.

regards,

tricky.
 

tennissavy

Hall of Fame
Ronaldo said:
You guys are off kilter fer sure, its the laydees that have the allRoid final, eh?
Well, when Pierce won in 2000 she was supposed to be on creatine and who knows what else. Henin has been winning grand slams ever since bulking up. Throw Kuznetsova in the mix too.
It is funny that you bring up the women because I was thinking the same thing. I hope that's not the case.
 

thejackal

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure if he's telling the truth, but a guy I know who plays int'l junior tournies told me Nadal's juiced. I know it's purely hearsay, but needles were involved.
 

tennissavy

Hall of Fame
thejackal said:
I'm not sure if he's telling the truth, but a guy I know who plays int'l junior tournies told me Nadal's juiced. I know it's purely hearsay, but needles were involved.
Yeah, I bet uncle tony bends Rapha over his knees, pulls those clam diggers down and injects his glutes. Some people will do anything to win. I hope it's not true but if it is, I hope we find out soon.
 
T

TwistServe

Guest
tennissavy said:
Yeah, I bet uncle tony bends Rapha over his knees, pulls those clam diggers down and injects his glutes. Some people will do anything to win. I hope it's not true but if it is, I hope we find out soon.
I've heard from a reliable source that Nadal juices.. I heard this last year but I didn't believe it until I saw Nadals guns.. Right now I don't beleive it until he actually tests positive.. until then, innocent until proven guilty!@
 

Chloe

Rookie
LOL. "Reliable sources". That never stops being funny. Yes, I'm sure that you all have very reliable sources, which is why you are sharing the news on an internet messageboard and not a news agency or tabloid that would pay for it.
 
T

TwistServe

Guest
Chloe said:
LOL. "Reliable sources". That never stops being funny. Yes, I'm sure that you all have very reliable sources, which is why you are sharing the news on an internet messageboard and not a news agency or tabloid that would pay for it.
Hey! I'm not a sellout! I don't sell information.. Information is free! And I'm already wealthy as is, I don't need more money from a tabloid...
 

wildmoose31

Rookie
Chloe said:
LOL. "Reliable sources". That never stops being funny. Yes, I'm sure that you all have very reliable sources, which is why you are sharing the news on an internet messageboard and not a news agency or tabloid that would pay for it.
Come on, thats a real thickheaded way of thinking, first of all, the sources arent someone the media is going to contact about it, and you think any media outlet is going to do a story on a fans word? It may be true, it may not, but its not something that you can just go tell the media
 

wildmoose31

Rookie
tunaslaughter said:
Baseball was on the demise....then came roids. Tennis been in a demise in the US...it needs roids now!! American juniors need to juice up. Looking forward to the ALL ROIDS FINAL.


I could use some of that "candy" for sure. Sign me up for an Aerodrive now!!!!
Where do you get that baseball was on the demise? It was extremely popular, between all the redsox/yankees rivalries, and before that, roids hasnt done a lot to hurt it either. If you compare ratings and popularity to last year to 6 or 7 years ago, last year winds hands down
 

MChong

Semi-Pro
I'm not sure if Nadal's on roids, there's really no evidence for it or against it at the moment. I just hope he isn't because he's a cool guy, lol.
 
T

TwistServe

Guest
MChong said:
I'm not sure if Nadal's on roids, there's really no evidence for it or against it at the moment. I just hope he isn't because he's a cool guy, lol.
I dont think it matters if he is a nice guy heh.. McGwire, Bonds, and others are nice guys too.. and the majority of baseball fans realize the truth about their prior drug use
 
We now know for a certainty that steroid use was rampant and widespread in baseball as far back as the 70's as it has been in most pro sports. Nobody really seems to want to know or care.
 
truth versus speculation/fantasy

come on you guys.. how is a person like you or an athlete gonna be judged ? show me proof . unless you can do that , the fact is that a person is not guilty .
imagine someone accuses you of soething , lets say stealing , when you havnt . if your imagination can allow it . it sucks . so quit the b.s.
 

Grimjack

Banned
swedechris said:
imagine someone accuses you of soething , lets say stealing , when you havnt . if your imagination can allow it . it sucks . so quit the b.s.
Imagine they accuse you of it because stuff you don't own keeps showing up in your house overnight, stashed in your garage next to your collection of black ski masks.
 

thejackal

Hall of Fame
One more thing, the guy I know told me that when you test positive (urine samples - you're just a # on the sample instead of having your name written), instead of suspending you the ATP tell you to sit out 3 months and cite an injury. It must be especially true with big-name players.
 
thejackal said:
One more thing, the guy I know told me that when you test positive (urine samples - you're just a # on the sample instead of having your name written), instead of suspending you the ATP tell you to sit out 3 months and cite an injury. It must be especially true with big-name players.

Hmmmm, so that's why Hewitt bulked up.
 

andfor

Legend
VashTheStampede said:
Hmmmm, so that's why Hewitt bulked up.
Good point. That's also why he pulled out of the last few tournaments with a bogus injury to get the roids out of his system!
 
swedechris said:
come on you guys.. how is a person like you or an athlete gonna be judged ? show me proof . unless you can do that , the fact is that a person is not guilty .
imagine someone accuses you of soething , lets say stealing , when you havnt . if your imagination can allow it . it sucks . so quit the b.s.
Swedechris, pull head out of sand. If you're referring to my baseball comments, Tom House, one of the leading authorities on pitching has now fully admitted that steroids were widespread and well known in the 60's and 70's and that he himself used them. That was funny to me because I have pitching books written by House which I used for studying biomechanics.
 

supersmash

Semi-Pro
maybe that powder was... gatorade. maybe he was getting impacient with the ballboys for water and just ate the powder? maybe the ballboys didnt speak spanish. AGUA!!!!

maybe.
 

Tennis312

New User
I'd be surprised if any tennis player was juicing. In addition to the year-round testing, I think steroids would be of limited utility in tennis. Foot-speed and agility are, arguably, the most important assets in tennis. Rafa and Federer both are so great, in their own individual ways, because of this. I've never seen a player as fast as Rafa and Federer moves like a dream. Bulk is the enemy when speed is an issue -- look at Agassi's latest gambit in the off season to increase strength but lower weight; A-Rod, too just dropped some weight. Bulk comes along with muscle mass when juicing -- there are baseball players who practically waddle around the bases because of their bulk. I don't see how uber-muscle-mass, the goal and result of 'roids, will help. I think it can only, ultimately, hurt your movement. Sprinters have used them, sure, but that is linear speed -- a straight line over 10-30 seconds, nothing like the demands of tennis. Imagine someone bulked like Ben Johnson or Barry Bonds running around a court for 3 sets, stopping and starting, rushing the net, backing up, changing direction, sliding, leaping -- they couldn't do it.
 

DurablePants

New User
tennissavy said:
Yeah, I bet uncle tony bends Rapha over his knees, pulls those clam diggers down and injects his glutes. Some people will do anything to win. I hope it's not true but if it is, I hope we find out soon.
thats nasty
 

GuyClinch

Legend
I'd be surprised if any tennis player was juicing. In addition to the year-round testing, I think steroids would be of limited utility in tennis. Foot-speed and agility are, arguably, the most important assets in tennis. Rafa and Federer both are so great, in their own individual ways, because of this. I've never seen a player as fast as Rafa and Federer moves like a dream. Bulk is the enemy when speed is an issue -- look at Agassi's latest gambit in the off season to increase strength but lower weight; A-Rod, too just dropped some weight. Bulk comes along with muscle mass when juicing -- there are baseball players who practically waddle around the bases because of their bulk. I don't see how uber-muscle-mass, the goal and result of 'roids, will help. I think it can only, ultimately, hurt your movement. Sprinters have used them, sure, but that is linear speed -- a straight line over 10-30 seconds, nothing like the demands of tennis. Imagine someone bulked like Ben Johnson or Barry Bonds running around a court for 3 sets, stopping and starting, rushing the net, backing up, changing direction, sliding, leaping -- they couldn't do it.
You greatly understimate the utility of steroids. Steroids will enhance your ability to gain results from any kind of work out you perform. Thus if you do plyometrics you can make quicker gains from them. They greatly enhance your recovery stages after you work. Because you have higher T levels after any vigourous exercise your body can recover quicker. That's very beneficial after a 5 set marathon.

With the right mix of steriods you can "lean out" as well as bulk up. You can quickly lose body fat while maintaining all your muscle thus leaning out far more effectively then if you didn't take roids. Also I am sure quite a number of tour pros tend to "waste" away and lose muscle while they are on tour. Roids can prevent this as well.

There are numerous kinds of steroids with a great number of helpful effects. If steroids were legal everyone would be doing them in the competitive sports world. You would be a fool not too. You can get back the same levels of vitality that you had when your were 18 and maybe even go beyond that.

Just because body builders and baseball players have used steroids to bulk up that doesn't mean that's the only thing they can be used for.

It's funny that steroids get so much crap for being evil. What do people think the birth control pill does? It hammers your endocrine system as well. But I digress.

Pete
 
T

TwistServe

Guest
Tennis312 said:
I'd be surprised if any tennis player was juicing. In addition to the year-round testing, I think steroids would be of limited utility in tennis. Foot-speed and agility are, arguably, the most important assets in tennis.
Why do you think runners and other track and field types take steriods? It makes them FAST and AGILE!! Ben Johnson set a new world record in 1987 while he was on Winstrol.
 
GuyClinch said:
You greatly understimate the utility of steroids. Steroids will enhance your ability to gain results from any kind of work out you perform. Thus if you do plyometrics you can make quicker gains from them. They greatly enhance your recovery stages after you work. Because you have higher T levels after any vigourous exercise your body can recover quicker. That's very beneficial after a 5 set marathon.

With the right mix of steriods you can "lean out" as well as bulk up. You can quickly lose body fat while maintaining all your muscle thus leaning out far more effectively then if you didn't take roids. Also I am sure quite a number of tour pros tend to "waste" away and lose muscle while they are on tour. Roids can prevent this as well.

There are numerous kinds of steroids with a great number of helpful effects. If steroids were legal everyone would be doing them in the competitive sports world. You would be a fool not too. You can get back the same levels of vitality that you had when your were 18 and maybe even go beyond that.
Yes, well said Pete. I have covered this before but there's always people who come up with comments like this who don't know what they're talking about. Undoubtedly, few players would use them to "get huge". However, the speed, power, endurance, and recovery benefits would get high priority. Actually though, I suspect it was not steroids but probably the aerobic enhancing drugs that might be the most widespread particularly among the claycourters.

In any case Tennis312, you say you'd be surprised if any tennis player were juicing. Well be surprised, we KNOW tennis players have juiced and been caught. The question is only, how many are? Are the ones who have been caught the only rare exceptions! Is the drug testing policy(and any knowledgable sport scientist will tell you the testing is nearly a joke, they simply cannot keep up or be effective) 100% succesful? Further, look at some of the people who have been caught. CORIA? KORDA? RUSEDSKI? Have you seen these guys? Were they suspects based on their appearance.

In any case, it's a moot point, because steroids and other substances are here, I believe widespread, have been in tennis since the 60's(according to some from Billy Jean King's era) and are not going anywhere. It's going to get worse before it ever gets better, but that's the case in all sports right now.
 
T

TwistServe

Guest
Hmm I wonder if Puerta cramped up because of the riods!.. thats probably why coria cramped uplast year.. roids made him tight lol.. he took a few months off after that to get it off his system! HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH
 
Top