Betting odds for the majors in 2020

Australian Open Men's Singles

1. Djokovic 6/4
2. Nadal 7/2
3. Federer 13/2
4. Medvedev 10/1
5. Tsitsipas 16/1
6. Zverev 18/1
7. Murray 20/1 (! - I'm using Ladbrokes, a British company. Odds aren't a prediction!)
8=. Del Potro and Kyrgios 25/1
10=. Raonic, Nishikori, Anderson, Thiem, Cilic, Wawrinka, and Dimitrov 33/1

Australian Open Women's Singles

1. Williams 5/1
2. Andreescu 6/1
3. Osaka 15/2
4=. Halep and Barty 9/1
6. Svitolina 12/1
7=. Pliskova and Kvitova 14/1
9=. Sabalenka, Bencic, and Kerber 16/1

Roland Garros Men's Singles

1. Nadal 5/6
2. Djokovic 3/1
3. Thiem 4/1
4. Tsitsipas 16/1
5. Zverev 20/1
6=. Federer, Auger-Aliassime, and Medvedev 25/1
9. Wawrinka 40/1
10. Del Potro 50/1

Roland Garros Women's Singles

1. Halep 5/1
2. Williams 8/1
3=. Barty and Bertens 9/1
5. Andreescu 10/1
6=. Stephens, Osaka, and Svitolina 14/1
9=. Vondrousova, Pliskova, and Muguruza 16/1

Wimbledon Men's Singles

1. Djokovic 6/4
2. Federer 4/1
3. Nadal 5/1
4. Medvedev 22/1
5. Raonic 25/1
6=. Anderson, Auger-Aliassime, Kyrgios, Cilic, and Thiem 33/1

Wimbledon Women's Singles

1=. Williams and Halep 6/1
3. Andreescu 7/1
4=. Svitolina and Kerber 16/1
6=. Konta, Keys, Sabalenka, and Anisimova 20/1
10. Muguruza 25/1

US Open Men's Singles

1. Djokovic 6/4
2. Nadal 4/1
3. Federer 6/1
4=. Medvedev and Tsitsipas 14/1
6. Zverev 16/1
7. Kyrgios 25/1
8. Thiem 28/1
9. Raonic 33/1
10=. Wawrinka, Nishikori, Anderson, and Cilic 40/1

US Open Women's Singles

Odds not yet available so far as I could find!
 

TripleATeam

G.O.A.T.
Surprising the US Open puts Nadal at 20% chance of winning and Djokovic a 40% chance. I mean, I agree, but Nadal won 2 of the last 3 US Opens and leads Djokovic 2-1 there in H2H. You'd think bookies would at least have Rafa at 25% and Djokovic at 35%.
 

alexio

G.O.A.T.
Surprising the US Open puts Nadal at 20% chance of winning and Djokovic a 40% chance. I mean, I agree, but Nadal won 2 of the last 3 US Opens and leads Djokovic 2-1 there in H2H. You'd think bookies would at least have Rafa at 25% and Djokovic at 35%.
not a surprise, in 2017 djok withdrew due to an elbow injury, it was a very bad year for him, this year he has had an injury issue again, and djoko is the better hard court player no doubt, plus h2h problem for rafa recently
 

Yugram

Legend
Surprising the US Open puts Nadal at 20% chance of winning and Djokovic a 40% chance. I mean, I agree, but Nadal won 2 of the last 3 US Opens and leads Djokovic 2-1 there in H2H. You'd think bookies would at least have Rafa at 25% and Djokovic at 35%.
More surprising is the fact that Federer still sits at 6/1 for USO. I mean, he probably has a higher chance to win Roland Garros again LOL.
 

ChrisRF

Legend
Clearly I don’t see Federer winning the French Open (Nadal wins anyway), but seeing him equal with error machine FAA and behind Zverev is just absurdly strange.
 

NoleFam

Bionic Poster
Surprising the US Open puts Nadal at 20% chance of winning and Djokovic a 40% chance. I mean, I agree, but Nadal won 2 of the last 3 US Opens and leads Djokovic 2-1 there in H2H. You'd think bookies would at least have Rafa at 25% and Djokovic at 35%.

They haven't played there in 6 years. That's too far away to matter much. The reason Djokovic is that much higher over him is because since then he is 8-0 on hardcourt without losing a set since that meeting at the USO 6 years ago.
 
St Nick in the top 8 odds in 3 of the 4 Majors.

:D

That's because plenty of players who are more likely than him to make it deep have no chance of challenging the very top players. If you were to ask the bookies for odds on Kyrgios reaching the quarter-finals versus, say, Schwartzman or Goffin, they would likely give you shorter odds on the latter. But if you were to ask them for odds on the three winning the title, they would give you shorter odds on Kyrgios.
 
What surprises me about the odds isn't so much how far Djokovic is ahead of Nadal at the US Open but that Djokovic has equal odds at the US Open to Wimbledon and the Australian Open. I think his chances are highest at the AO, then Wimbledon, then the US Open. I'm not only saying that on past form but also and more importantly because the more time elapses between now and the tournament, the more chance there is of loss of form, injury, or emergence of new and younger rivals. The Australian Open is only just over four months away. The US Open is almost a year away. Especially when setting odds for an aging player - even though Djokovic is far from aged by today's standards, he IS aging, even by today's standards - it seems as though the odds should drift slightly as the tournaments get further away.
 

James P

G.O.A.T.
Why? Isn't it obvious that Nadal is prohibitive favorite for Roland Garros? If he's fit at the start of the tournament, I'd probably give him chances of more like 70-75%.
I mean, it feels obvious, but we're talking one man in an 128 man field.
 
I mean, it feels obvious, but we're talking one man in an 128 man field.

Doesn't matter. He's won 12 times out of 15. The others aren't in the same skill level as him. Carreno Busta went on a long winning run in challengers a few years ago. Those were all 32 or 48 or 64 player draws, but he was just better than the rest of them. Nadal is just better than everyone else on clay.
 

Midaso240

Legend
How on earth can WIlliams be 2nd favourite at RG,the tournament that is historically her weakest and where she hasn't been a factor for the last 3?
 

Lozo1016

Hall of Fame
How on earth can WIlliams be 2nd favourite at RG,the tournament that is historically her weakest and where she hasn't been a factor for the last 3?

Oddsmakers still give her credit for being a great clay courter. She's 82-6 on clay since 2012. Serena might have a chance if she's in-form but that hasn't been the case since 2016.
 
Top