Bracciali uses both 2HBH and SHBH

araghava

Rookie
Anyone notice that Bracciali used the 2 handed backhand for return of serve but the single handed backhand for everything else. I thought that was interesting.
 
Yeah. He used to have a 2HB, and switched to a 1HB later on. I guess the change was recent since he slips back on difficult returns.

I had a 2HB, but switched to a 1HB as well. I was using both frequently for a bit. I never use the 2HB anymore though.

I want to see more of that guy. Hopefully he can play just as well in future matches. Same thing for Murray.
 
T

TwistServe

Guest
Kana Himezaki said:
Yeah. He used to have a 2HB, and switched to a 1HB later on. I guess the change was recent since he slips back on difficult returns.

I had a 2HB, but switched to a 1HB as well. I was using both frequently for a bit. I never use the 2HB anymore though.

I want to see more of that guy. Hopefully he can play just as well in future matches. Same thing for Murray.
LoL since when did you switch to this so called SHBH? You were just saying you use a 2hb last week.
 
Sorry?

Tell me when. Quote it.

I used both for a bit. I've had a one hander for three months now, it's working fine or better than the 2HB.
 

Rob_C

Hall of Fame
He uses both the 1h and 2h backhand for returns, it seems he prefers 2h for first serves and 1h for seconds. I think he would do better returning both 2 handed. He's not the only pro who does it. Travis Parrott does that also and there were a couple of guys from SoCal, Ross Loel, who got to the 800s on the tour, and Kelly Gullett, who won a Challenger doubles title. There might be more. I've been doing it myself for the past 10 years, but I'm doing it the hard way. I'm a natural 1 hander that added a 2 hander.
 

edberg505

Legend
Kana Himezaki said:
Sorry?

Tell me when. Quote it.

I used both for a bit. I've had a one hander for three months now, it's working fine or better than the 2HB.

Ahhh, a girl with a one hander, nothing sexier ;)
 

diredesire

Adjunct Moderator
edberg505 said:
Ahhh, a girl with a one hander, nothing sexier ;)
As long as it's graceful... i've seen some pretty bad ones ;D

I'm sort of like what kana describes, though... the one hander "flows" better, but i stick with my 2 hander, but i'll admit... the one hander has messed with the timing, and i'm sort of in limbo right now :(
 

safin_protege

Semi-Pro
Earlier in his career, he used a two handed backhand. He then switched to a one handed backhand. He was using his old two hander for his return of serve because he wasn't getting enough power or accuracy on the return.
 

AngeloDS

Hall of Fame
I use two-handed returns if the person has an amazingly fast first-serve. Slow serves one-handed backhands feels more comfortable but also doesn't demolish your arms. I don't need to wreck my elbow, just for getting the ball in play :).

And a lot of my coaches friends switched from one handed back hands to two handed because it doesn't wreck your elbow. And they ahve to wear those arm bands and stuff. It's not as beautiful of a shot as the one handed back hand, but it gets over.
 
D

d70

Guest
basically the guy is messed up i think. he didn't play that well either against roddick coz roddick sucks compared with real good players. anyhow roddick definitely kicks nadal's rude ass big time on non-clay surfaces.
 

edberg505

Legend
If I'm not mistaken one of the players from the from the early/mid nineties actually did the same thing I always get them mixed up though it was either Magnus Larson or Marc Rosset that did the same thing. Used a 2 hander to return then used a 1 hander from there on.
 

root

New User
edberg505 said:
If I'm not mistaken one of the players from the from the early/mid nineties actually did the same thing I always get them mixed up though it was either Magnus Larson or Marc Rosset that did the same thing. Used a 2 hander to return then used a 1 hander from there on.
It was Rosset you meant, I guess. He even switched between onehanded topspin onehander and twohander in one rally at some stages...
 
Top