Cilic out of Madrid !

racquetreligion

Hall of Fame
sushit

Its very common for players to eat it these days problem is
fake chefs dont do 8 year necessary training but 1 week courses
 

EllieK

Professional
Its most likely a stomach virus since Nadal had similar symptoms. A stomach virus is a more frequent cause of what we in the medical field call NVD or nausea, Vomiting and diarrhoea than food poisoning.
 

stringertom

Bionic Poster
fedr up to his bag of tricks like RG’11 giving Joe Kovic the QF walkover from Fognini to throw off his rhythm. Probably flew in the IW smoothie specialist he used for Nick.
 

racquetreligion

Hall of Fame
I have never eaten sushi in my life, and probably never will, unless I go to Japan someday.
nothing special unless you dont eat western food for years then you can appreciate a mildness in the japanese cuisine that is hard at first.
Although that is changing in the last 10 years with more westernized versions of their own dishes, more flavor less quality more calories.
Always have it offered here in Japan but prefer grilled fish, more flavor and less chance of getting worms/viruses/Botulinum toxin etc
 

joekapa

Legend
nothing special unless you dont eat western food for years then you can appreciate a mildness in the japanese cuisine that is hard at first.
Although that is changing in the last 10 years with more westernized versions of their own dishes, more flavor less quality more calories.
Always have it offered here in Japan but prefer grilled fish, more flavor and less chance of getting worms/viruses/Botulinum toxin etc
Exactly why I would never try it. Worms.
 

Big_Dangerous

Talk Tennis Guru
nothing special unless you dont eat western food for years then you can appreciate a mildness in the japanese cuisine that is hard at first.
Although that is changing in the last 10 years with more westernized versions of their own dishes, more flavor less quality more calories.
Always have it offered here in Japan but prefer grilled fish, more flavor and less chance of getting worms/viruses/Botulinum toxin etc
Don't forget mercury poisoning as well. :sick:
 

racquetreligion

Hall of Fame
Don't forget mercury poisoning as well. :sick:
basically equivalent is brain, kidney, renal, liver and auto immune damage and its symptoms can be accumulative if not immediate
At least its less lethal than eating Fugu - Lethal Poisonous Pufferfish (TTX) on the tour :)

BTX and TTX was traditionally detected by leaving a piece of the catch on the ground and if covered in ants after halve to an 1hour
it was considered safe for consumption. This is no longer practiced and testing is expensive so rarely practiced commercially.

Foodborne botulism is caused by eating food contaminated with the spores or toxin. 15% of US cases yearly.
There is no vaccine for C. botulinum, and anti-toxin is not useful for prevention. Heating to high temperatures will kill the spores. Temperature greater than boiling (212°F) is needed to kill spores so pressure cookers are recommended for home canning (reaching at least 250-250°F). The toxin is heat-labile though and can be destroyed at > 185°F after five minutes or longer, or at > 176°F for 10 minutes or longer. Boiling homecanned foods for 10 minutes or longer is recommended.
 
Last edited:
Top