Deep grip or shallow grip?

Discussion in 'Racquets' started by highsierra, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. highsierra

    highsierra Rookie

    Apr 4, 2005
    This occured to me today while I was watching Wimbledon on TV. Seems to me some of the players have a very deep grip on the racket (regardless of whether it's Eastern, SW or W), that is, the handler is being wrapped by the entire palm, like a full handshake. I myself hold the racket more between the thumb and the other four fingers, a little similar to how everyone holds a toothbrush. In either case you can obviouly have a relaxed grip though the shallow grip seems to be relaxed naturally. I'm not 100% sure about what I saw on TV but are there these two different grips? I'm thinking mainly forehand and serve.

Share This Page