Double sided tape?


In some head pro stock frames when I take off the grip or pallets I often see a “mesh” double side tape .

does anyone know what kind is it? On a big retailer website is described a Double Sided Carpet Tape Heavy Duty.


Talk Tennis Guru
There are lots of heavy duty double sided tape options on Amazon like this one:
It seems expensive unless you’re replacing an awful lot of pallets.

EDIT: I would also wonder if a heavy duty tape would be too thick. It could cause an issue if the pallet / hairpin had close tolerances to begin with.


Hall of Fame
I have always used just plain old scotch double sided tape and it has worked fine. the mesh might add to the handle size, so keep that in mind.


Talk Tennis Guru
If I was going to use tape I’d go with this Scoth brand double sided tape $3.36 at Walmart 1”x400”. Or use some rubber cement down the outside bevels of the hairpin. Rubber cement is only $1.39 at Target.
Last edited: