That's true. One guy is top spin pushing, the other is underspin pushing, same coin. That's why Nole is considered the more exciting player, but fedal fans are so invested in their guys that they are too biased and they can't even see it.
To the uneducated eye Fed may appear to be a pusher......but let me break it down for you:
1) Fed hits the ball insanely early and allows the mass of his frame to do work whilst his opponents rip every ball and run all over the court, doing loads of work and risking injury
2) He's like a counter puncher, picking his spots and ripping the ball at the most optimum moments
3) Still top 3 in the world at 37, doesn't get injured and and you call him a pusher like it's an insult. sad so sad.
4) The lamest is any player who loses to a pusher and then wants to put the pusher down. Reality: Hey you just got schooled by said pusher............I guess you aren't nearly as good as you thought you were. Here, let me get you a box of tissues.
4) Impeccable timing, movement, skill, touch, finesse....................looks easy doesn't it. Doesn't look workman like at all. Almost like.........................gliding and.................PUSHING.
counterpuncher as in changing the pace, and varying spin, not someone who cannot or does not generate his own pace. I did say he then rips the ball at the optimum point in the rally. The point being he doesn't rip every single ball like a robot. Some things are obvious (or so i thought) and don't need to be thoroughly explained.
This thread again. Federer hits hard when needed otherwise he places the ball precisely to put his opponent on the defense then he makes the first strike. It’s the lower level players that think you should blindly crush every ball which is known as low IQ tennis. A pusher can’t go into an attack mode. They just let the low tennis IQ guy to blast the ball out. Pusher doesn’t apply to Federer or most pros because they can force the action. A pusher is Rec level tennis as well as the guy that thinks he has to crush every shot, both are 3.5 to 4.0.