Getting pain with me extreme SW. Should I change grip to strong E?

Discussion in 'Tennis Tips/Instruction' started by MaratSafin_fan, Oct 24, 2011.

  1. MaratSafin_fan

    MaratSafin_fan Rookie

    Jan 4, 2007
    I play with a SW right now, quite close to a W. I played a match for one week ago and I got pain in my arm. My arm were hitting the ball so slow. The arm felt crampy.

    What I wonder now is if I should change grip to more strong E like Roger Federer? Now I have played with W and SW but my arm gets pain with both. :cry:

    The grip I am using now is exactly the same as Djokovic if you wonder.

    Please help!
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  2. morten

    morten Hall of Fame

    Feb 19, 2004
    yes, or change gripsize...
  3. LeeD

    LeeD Bionic Poster

    Dec 28, 2008
    East side of San Francisco Bay
    Before you make the full switch, try SWINGING SLOWER on every swing, so you hit with less spin, but more contact. Often, an early and short prep forces you to hit with less spin, so less effort is needed to hit the ball.
    You can hit flat with a strong SW grip with a short, direct takeback, just don't go for all that useless topspin that seems to be hurting your arm.
    Sometimes, using less energy hitting the ball results in MORE pace, better direction control, and ease on the muscles.

Share This Page