Small rant. not really any point lol, but if any of you out there want to relate...
- Had tennis elbow last year, fixed it over winter with months of rest/stretch/strengthen. It came back as I got more in shape and played longer, am in process of changing racquets since other demos don't give me TE over long sessions, but my racquet does.
- Tried to hit with more topspin. got shoulder pain in the front, which I fixed by reverting my form and shifting my grip since I was rotating my arm in a weird way on follow through.
- Was learning how to do a more effective slice serve, got shoulder pain the back from swinging my arm weirdly. eventually got the form down and now have a nice slice serve.
- got right knee pain, i realized i was slamming down on my right foot during my serve instead of landing gently on my left. fixed it.
- right knee pain came back. from moving around the court too fast/too much and changing directions abruptly. rested, stretched/strengthened legs, fixed it.
- woke up with some freak pain in my hip flexor/groin that hasn't gone away for months, but it's slowly getting better as i continue to stretch and strengthen and stand more throughout the day and reduce my sitting. funnily enough, a week after this happened, that's when andy murray withdrew from some tournament talking about freak groin injury he woke up with.
- got a blood blister for the first time in my life on my right foot, which has always been a little wider and more problematic to find shoes for. kept it clean, let it heal, started taping my toe, fixed it.
- through all this past year that I started playing tennis again, my left leg/foot has been fine. but now today both my knees started hurting with a new kind of pain, and got arch pain for the first time in my left foot, i stopped split stepping or running for points, and in doubles i would just stand back when my partner served instead of crouching at the net ready to poach. the pain wasn't excessive, but my knees would sort of mini-buckle even when walking...i was kind of limping around. now i have to figure this out.