Is it possible to replace a grip with a smaller size?

Discussion in 'Racquets' started by jackzon, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. jackzon

    jackzon Rookie

    Feb 27, 2004
    My 12 year old son has taken a liking to one of my old racquets. It has a 4 5/8 grip and he should have a 4 3/8.

    Can we make the adjustment?
  2. Gaines Hillix

    Gaines Hillix Hall of Fame

    Feb 11, 2004
    If it's a Volkl or Head racquet, you can replace the "pallets." The handles on these frames are made up of multiple parts with the outside part being split in half, but joined to the core of the handle. The ones for Head racquets are very hard to find. A good pro shop that sells Volkl sticks should be able to help you if it's one of their's. If it's not a Volkl or Head frame, but it has a foam handle you might be able to sand it down to a 3/8 if you do it very carefully and make sure you remove the same amount from each facet of the handle. It can be done if you take your time, but it's a lot of work.
  3. 10ispro

    10ispro Rookie

    Mar 23, 2006
    there is a company who i cant remember their name who can remold the handle for you in whatever size and about any shape. So if persay you dont like the rounder american grip on wilson racquets it coudl be remolded to the European flater grips. I think they charge $90/racquet

    I have to find the magazine i read about the company in at work.

Share This Page