I cut out Tour Hex and stringing Absolute Perfection. It has a smell to it. It reminds me of Pro's Pro multifilament.
You should try big spin/tour hex combo Big spin mains.Been playing with Tour Hex for a while now and bout to cut it out since I'm not getting enough depth on a lot of my shots now.
- Tension(s) used for playtest: 53lbs
- Regular string set up: Red Devil poly in mains at 53 and multifilament in the crosses at 55
- Control/Power/Spin: As others have said the control is the greatest attribute. I feel like I can aim where I want to go and hit my shots most of the time. Where were many instances where my opponents left me the alley and I beat them there multiple times. As for spin, several times where it looks like the ball was sailing only to have it dropped inside the baseline. I would not consider this a powerful string. I can take a full swing and rely on the ball staying in and the return game I feel like I can control the shots without it flying to the fence.
- Feel (Stiff? Mushy? Muted? Crisp? Comfortable?): it's not a stiff string by any stretch but I wouldn't say it's a soft string either. It's comfortable enough that I haven't experience any wrist or arm issues like some polys on the market.
- Playability Duration (did the string lose playability over time?): Yes, tension loss is noticeable. I feel like I have to whack the ball a little more than some other strings. I love the control aspect of the string and would love a little more pop.
- Additional thoughts? I love the baby blue color on my 2021 Yonex Vcore. I would like to see more options to see if I like a thinner or thicker gauge.
So been hitting with Poly Tour Air in the mains and Mayami in the crosses. Can't get it to dial in yet because everything was flying to the fence. I will say it looks pretty durable because I can see it's gripping the ball pretty good. There hasn't been any fraying yet.You should try big spin/tour hex combo Big spin mains.
Thats not the combo i suggested yonex strings arent the best. They work mostly in yonex onlySo been hitting with Poly Tour Air in the mains and Mayami in the crosses. Can't get it to dial in yet because everything was flying to the fence. I will say it looks pretty durable because I can see it's gripping the ball pretty good. There hasn't been any fraying yet.
I was worried about the custom fees too in Europe… so far i was lucky without additional payments but i heard EU changed some rules.Thanks for the head up what_army, i thought before that mayami .de was official distributor or direct EU-based sub-company.
Shipping from Ukraine = extra customs charges, for Greece for sure and for most EU countries I suppose.
And huge time delay in delivery, here in Greece there have been new customs procedures introduced recently and packages outside EU may take 1 month just waiting there until sorted out.
The only shop shipping from Germany that I found out is tennisman
But quite higher prices and extra cost for postage in any case (not free above some amount like other big tennis shops which have free postage for orders above 100 or 120 or 150 euro).
E.g. Mayami Hit Pro costs 94 euro in tennisman while it costs 60 euro in mayami .de...
If someone else has other suggestions for EU order (shipment from inside EU), let us know please.
For Greece, it is worse than that, if I knew what I would pay, I could consider, but except the huge customs delay, nobody can tell you how much extra you have to pay, thus totally pointless....Nobody wants to pay taxes hah
Ye. Custom fees are party killers. I will let you know how it went with me. (2 reels, 1x pro overgrip Pack) there are some ways to lower the custom fee but i heard the law in EU changed a lot and in a bad way. World is ending in EU. We should all move to US no problems there with mayami. I hope they will figure out the EU issue. I prefer tour hex over cyclone and that means a lot hah!For Greece, it is worse than that, if I knew what I would pay, I could consider, but except the huge customs delay, nobody can tell you how much extra you have to pay, thus totally pointless.
For example, for a reel of 100 euro value, it may be, +15 euro for the check procedure, +24 euro for VAT, +whatever they decide for import duties.