Miami Masters 2019 QF :- Kevin Anderson (6) versus Roger Federer (4)

Match result prediction poll


  • Total voters
    25
  • Poll closed .
Kevin's first successful tournament after that injury.
Fed finally shaking the demons of late 2018-ao19
Last match at WTF RR :- Fed def. And 6-4 6-3....
Both looking good so far.
Who'll win?? How ??
Discuss it...
 

Archsree

Rookie
Kevin's first successful tournament after that injury.
Fed finally shaking the demons of late 2018-ao19
Last match at WTF RR :- Fed def. And 6-4 6-3....
Both looking good so far.
Who'll win?? How ??
Discuss it...
Anderson will show who is the boss in slow courts ;)
 

tudwell

Legend
Outside of their Wimbledon encounter last year, Fed has never dropped a set to Anderson. All have been pretty straightforward affairs, as Wimbledon looked to be until Anderson snatched the third set.

Based on their history and Anderson's coming back from injury, I think Fed's the strong favorite here. Hope Blanderson doesn't flip the script!
 

Pheasant

Hall of Fame
Hopefully, good Fed shows up. But Kandy is no joke. Last year, he was in the quarters of Indian Wells and Miami. In 2017, Kandy went to the USO final. Kandy is a fairly tough opponent for most 37 year old players.

Since there's a 40% chance of bad Fed showing up these days, I'll give Fed a 60% chance of winning. I'll take Fed in 3 tight sets, 6-4, 6-7, 7-5.
 

AndyM

Legend
So sick of that 38 years old and he still can't be beat I mean he might find someone half his age in the final
 

BeatlesFan

Talk Tennis Guru
It's just impossible to know anymore what version of Roger shows up. And even if he wins the first set 6-3, expect for him to lose interest and drop serve immediately in the second set.

I liked Roger's baseline play against Medevdev. He was winning a lot of the long rallies and hitting very few UE's. If he brings that form, he defeats Anderson in straights. Even though these courts do not suit his game, he seems motivated.

Would love to see a Fed-Shapo semi.


 

NBP

Hall of Fame
Federer's top 10 record has been horrible for a while now, so I'd be surprised if he won. I expect nothing.
 

AndyM

Legend
raining in Miami gardens now do you think they'll keep all the matches on the stadium or if it gets really late they might have to move some of these matches to the grandstand the mighty fed might be playing late into the night
 

AndyM

Legend
It might be a late night for the mighty fed with the rain delay a woman match supposed to start at 1 and hasn't even started
 

tudwell

Legend
It might be a late night for the mighty fed with the rain delay a woman match supposed to start at 1 and hasn't even started
Play is under way and he’s scheduled to start five hours from now. Barring more rain delays, he should be fine (much to your chagrin, I’m sure :)).
 

AndyM

Legend
well it looks like we got some more rain delays the mighty feds going to have to play late tonight and then come back tomorrow
 

AndyM

Legend
Looks like the mighty feds going to be at least 2 hours delayed he won't get to start till 9 p.m. he'll be at a disadvantage playing the semi-final tomorrow that's if he gets past Candyman
 

pame

Hall of Fame
looking at one schedule, Tiafoe/Shapo match rescheduled for 6 pm and Fed's for 7.30. If that's right it means Tiafoe is playing on the 2nd court so the main court match can go ahead on time pretty much - heh, which would be much to @AndyM's chagrin
 

AndyM

Legend
He's a quarter-final matches you don't think James Blake wants to move everything from the stadium to the grandstand
 

AndyM

Legend
they can't do that because there's doubles matches for the grandstand they're screwed should have stayed in key Biscayne where it doesn't rain
 

Silence

Professional
looking at one schedule, Tiafoe/Shapo match rescheduled for 6 pm and Fed's for 7.30. If that's right it means Tiafoe is playing on the 2nd court so the main court match can go ahead on time pretty much - heh, which would be much to @AndyM's chagrin
We’ll need to be on suicide watch...
 

Qubax

Professional
Where is Fed's BH though? Even his slices seem to just float and sit up now. They don't seem to bite as much. and the topspin BH seems like such an adventure every time he hits it.

Fed just wants to not get super behind on the BH then hope the other guy screws up or Fed gets a FH he can punish. Even the FH side is a bit iffy too though.

He is servebotting though.
 

iriraz

Hall of Fame
It might be a late night or it won`t be a match at all.Won`t be a surprise if tomorrow they do the quarters and semis will be then saturdays.
 

AndyM

Legend
advantage Anderson fed doesn't like to play at night in his old age he says he doesn't see the ball as well in artificial light as natural sunlight
 
Top