Novak Djokovic 2021 Golden CYGS thread

Novichok

Professional
Lord Djesus failed in 2012 and 2016.
But it is time for him to put it all behind himself and get the job done because this is unarguably his LAST CHANCE.
AO + RG + W + OG + USO
8-B
 
Last edited:

Tenacity

Hall of Fame
Also Rtanj in Serbia, another mountain with a pyramidal shape, claimed to be artificially built. He visited last week.
Thanks, all the more power to him. It is destined. GOLDEN CYGS is coming, enemies of the heir beware.
 

skaj

Legend
Thanks, all the more power to him. It is destined. GOLDEN CYGS is coming, enemies of the heir beware.
"For some New Age believers, the pyramidal shape of the mountain is due to it containing an alien pyramid emitting mystical energies. Many people have flocked here prior to the predicted 2012 Mayan Doomsday, believing it will protect them."
 

socallefty

Legend
25% chance of winning the FO, 75% chance of winning Wimbledon, 20% chance of winning Olympic gold (partly low because I think it will be cancelled due to anti-Olympic sentiment by Japanese public) and 40% chance of winning the USO. Add it all up and he has a 1.5% chance of winning a GCYGS.

If you look at his level when he won 4 Slams in a row in 2015-16 against what it is today, there is a huge drop off. Now he can show flashes of that offensive form a couple of times a week and not everyday while he has to fight his way through other matches defensively or with big serving.
 

James P

G.O.A.T.
Odds will go way up if he can pull off a RG win. I think there's too many people that can beat him on the surface, though.
 

big ted

Hall of Fame
the way the tour is now he probably only has 5 more real chances (not including this year)
so he better hurry up
 
D

Deleted member 771911

Guest
No. He couldn't do it in his peak years. Why now, when he is piling up losses to Sonego, Evans and Karatsev?
 
Ye of little faith!
William Hill odds for him at each event:

Roland Garros: 7/2 [22.22% chance]
Wimbledon: 11/8 [42.1% chance]
US Open: 5/4 [44.44% chance]

Other bookmakers offer slightly different odds, but in the same ballpark. Assuming they are accurate for the sake of argument (I think they slightly overestimate him, to be honest) and ignoring their profit margin, that gives him slightly more than a 4% chance of winning the calendar-year Grand Slam.

The only odds I can find put him at 11/8 for the Olympics. If we use them, then he has about a 1.7% chance of winning the golden calendar-year Grand Slam.

It's very, very unlikely.
 
N

Nuclear Warhead Sinner

Guest
Speaking of CYGS... I just noticed that CYGS got banned. Damn... He added a lot of spice to this forum, sad...
 

UnforcedTerror

Hall of Fame
Speaking of CYGS... I just noticed that CYGS got banned. Damn... He added a lot of spice to this forum, sad...
What did he do? Not that I miss him, he was a vile Fed hater.
I also miss Lew II. This forum without him feels inane, like watching a horror movie without a final boss. He was THE official villain of the forum.
Yes, as I said before this place is not the same without Lew. One of the most iconic TTW posters ever. It's sad we lost him.
 

GabeT

G.O.A.T.
William Hill odds for him at each event:

Roland Garros: 7/2 [22.22% chance]
Wimbledon: 11/8 [42.1% chance]
US Open: 5/4 [44.44% chance]

Other bookmakers offer slightly different odds, but in the same ballpark. Assuming they are accurate for the sake of argument (I think they slightly overestimate him, to be honest) and ignoring their profit margin, that gives him slightly more than a 4% chance of winning the calendar-year Grand Slam.

The only odds I can find put him at 11/8 for the Olympics. If we use them, then he has about a 1.7% chance of winning the golden calendar-year Grand Slam.

It's very, very unlikely.
 

skaj

Legend
Talking about Novak fans, I miss Lew II. This forum without him feels inane, like watching a horror movie without a final boss. He was THE official villain of the forum.
Was that the person who was constantly posting statistics that were suppose to support Djokovic? I usually don't pay attention to posters but this one was so exhausting, it was impossible not to notice them. I suspect Jelena Djokovic was behind that profile.
 

Hitman

G.O.A.T.
Speaking of CYGS... I just noticed that CYGS got banned. Damn... He added a lot of spice to this forum, sad...
Ah no. He was an embarrasment to the Djokovic fanbase, was really only a Fed hater who brought on more attacks on Novak that the rest of us defended and he hid under a rock for two years when Novak was losing and Fed was winning only to resurface post W2018 again, left the rest of us to clean up his mess prior to that...
 

DerekNoleFam1

Hall of Fame
He is the only player who has the chance to do this. So why not follow this process :D
Of course only the AO winner has that chance right now.
And he has won the AO 9 times, but the AO-RG double only once.
I'd love to see him do it, but it is close to impossible.
 
N

Nuclear Warhead Sinner

Guest
Ah no. He was an embarrasment to the Djokovic fanbase, was really only a Fed hater who brought on more attacks on Novak that the rest of us defended and he hid under a rock for two years when Novak was losing and Fed was winning only to resurface post W2018 again, left the rest of us to clean up his mess prior to that...
I'm pretty hard to offend and I take everything on this forum very lightly. I actually thought he was hiding because of the clay season lol
I do understand the general sentiment, overall the forum is less toxic without people like him.
 
Top