Hey gaz1,The Beast series sits In a very competitive space. It’s probably not possible to compete with the marketing budgets of Wilson, Babolat, etc, so you need to find someway to differentiate the Beast from the competition in that market segment. You need to meet customer needs better than the competition.
I think that the Wilson Clash series is an innovative product in this segment. It is powerful, light and produces plenty of spin (like every other product in the segment), but it’s innovative because it’s exceptionally comfortable - it brought something new to the table. Unfortunately it also took something away because it plays like crap (it’s like a loose canon). Personally I would have been happier seeing the RA up from 55 to the low 60’s if that allowed a thinner frame and better control. Low 60s is still miles better than anything else in that segment.
How could Prince make a powerful, spin friendly racket that moves the needle on on or more of the following?:
- comfort: your earlier post on RA and flex at different sections of the racket?; advanced dampening...foam filled? (the Angel TC100 70RA is comfortable)
- thinner beam: not sure if the science is against you here, but it would be nice?
- better looking: the new Phantom line looks stunning.
- String patterns: although Prince already seems to have this covered.
- I actually don’t like the name ”Beast”. Not sure why...that’s probably just me.
I‘m just brainstorming really.
I would ask others here for their ideas on what Prince could do to capture market share in this segment? We all want you guys to succeed.
Thanks so much for taking the time here, and honestly thank you to everyone else as well who's put a lot of consideration into the comments on the Beast line.
From our perspective I think that you've nailed it on nearly all accounts and it's good for us to triangulate our own thinking with what's really happening in the market with players who are experimenting with the products.
We take all of these comments to heart and will hopefully surprise and delight everyone with what we come up with!!!