I am in the process of changing my FH. Main issues was lack of “penetration/extension/drive” whatever you wish to call it. Symptom was evident in the following cases:
- pace-less balls
- moon balls to the baseline
I would almost always net them with too much topspin
Coach telling me
- my contact point is too much in front to allow proper drive
- I don’t “extend” through contact (think hitting 3 balls)
- my stroke ends prematurely (need to make sure my elbow is still going through the stroke until it is in front of me - typically in front of my chin from the baseline) and I do the WW wrap too early.
In the video above (2 weeks ago) I am working on this. Right now, I have completely lost confidence in my stroke, where it has become worse than it was. I am doubting everything: backswing, pronation on take-back, contact point, and follow through. So, I am currently thinking too much, when I am trying to hit my FH, which is leading to even more errors. I am hoping this is just a phase, before things start jelling.
The purpose of this post is:
- primary, can you identify what/where in my stroke is leading to the lack of drive and over spinning?
- secondary, is the backswing an issue in that it isn’t pronated and no PTD?
I will try to video record my next lesson and post as a follow up.
@SinjinCooper (if you’re still around)