Talk Tennis Guru
I think that pharma is making profits. I think that some medical device makers are making profits. I don't think that hospitals are doing that well. Imagine that you, as a business, are required to provide services to everyone that walks in the door, regardless of their ability to pay. How would you operate the business?“This is why Medicare for all won't work - it will bankrupt hospitals”
You mean with everyone profiting like they are now ... thinking mainly big pharma but surgery bills are obscene also.
I think the current system is bankrupting us ... so hope we figure out one that doesn’t.
We have a system that does cost-shifting. Any other system would also do cost-shifting. Just in another way.
I think that 80-90 percent of people are happy with their health insurance. The big problem is the other 10% to 20%. Do you tear down the current system which works for most for 10-20%?
These hospitals bring in a lot of overseas patients and they pay full fare. Why do you think they come to the United States for care when they can get it at no cost in their own countries?