Serena is now Fit and Ready for Cincy!

diredesire

Adjunct Moderator
The edges look a little too sharp, too, I am going to guess that a bit of her "mass" was chopped off in the process of air brushing. Looks pretty slight, though, judging from the wrist band area.
 

Bones08

Professional
FedererUberAlles said:
Just because she looks good doesn't mean she can contend. The Nike pic is obviously airbrushed.
We'll see, I don't think she can contend! I know Serena can contend!
 
Where exactly is air-brushed Serena currently ranked? I think she should put on the gloves and take on Tonya Harding. Now, that would be fun to watch.
 

Bones08

Professional
K. Wilson Moose said:
Where exactly is air-brushed Serena currently ranked? I think she should put on the gloves and take on Tonya Harding. Now, that would be fun to watch.
She'll get a protected ranking because of her 6 months absence...She would kill Tonya Harding!
 
Bones08 said:
She'll get a protected ranking because of her 6 months absence...She would kill Tonya Harding!
OK, maybe she could be the reincarnation of Lawrence Taylor and play middle LB for the Giants. More in line with her physique, sans the current flab. But hey, training camp starts soon.
 
So happy to see Serena back. She is probably the best defensive women's player ever! That speed was remarkable. Too bad she had lapses and gave away sets at times . . . just like her sis.

They should fix whatever causes their forehand to go away for long periods of time.
 

Bones08

Professional
typingchamp said:
So happy to see Serena back. She is probably the best defensive women's player ever! That speed was remarkable. Too bad she had lapses and gave away sets at times . . . just like her sis.

They should fix whatever causes their forehand to go away for long periods of time.
I agree. I think Serena's forehand is more sound than Venus. They can both go off at times, but when Serena's was on, she was so hard to beat. I'm anxious to see how she will serve, after her knee sugery, she began to stop jumping into her serve the same way she used to.
 

BeautyVenus

New User
Women's tennis really needs Serena Williams back playing her best. Remember Serena said she may retire and Venus said if Serena retires she will quit as well. Serena has nothing to prove unlike Justine Serena has all the four grand slam titles.
 

Bones08

Professional
BeautyVenus said:
Women's tennis really needs Serena Williams back playing her best. Remember Serena said she may retire and Venus said if Serena retires she will quit as well. Serena has nothing to prove unlike Justine Serena has all the four grand slam titles.
So True, Justine couldn't beat Amelie of all people in a Slam Final.
 

Rabbit

G.O.A.T.
I'd almost bet money that some strange malady comes over Serena one week prior to her scheduled return.

Wilson....Nike....keep those cards, letters, and most importantly checks coming in.
 

Bones08

Professional
Rabbit said:
I'd almost bet money that some strange malady comes over Serena one week prior to her scheduled return.

Wilson....Nike....keep those cards, letters, and most importantly checks coming in.
You may be right, but I don't think it's because she wouldn't want to play, it would be because that would be 1 week earlier than 6 months. If she waits for San Diego, then she will get the 6 month protective ranking. But knowing Serena, I doubt she cares about the Protected Ranking because she can beat anyone in the womens field.
 

chess9

Hall of Fame
If she's lost the weight that's great, but what about her knee? I thought that was the problem she was having per her PR folks.

Serena is the best woman's player ever. The game isn't the same without her. I hope she gets back healthy and in fighting spirit!

-Robert
 

Bones08

Professional
chess9 said:
If she's lost the weight that's great, but what about her knee? I thought that was the problem she was having per her PR folks.

Serena is the best woman's player ever. The game isn't the same without her. I hope she gets back healthy and in fighting spirit!

-Robert
I agree, i think the knee has recovered, also since she's lost weight, she won't be carrying as much on it. Also, Yetunde's murder hasn't quite surpassed her. But I know Serena is ready to comeback ,when she sees these other girls winning Slams, that she leads Head to Head, it has to fire her up somewhat.
 
Top