The Scores for the 2006 Grand Slam Finals

Post who you think would get to each of the slam finals and what the scores would/should be.

Aus. Open: Federer def Nadal 7-6 7-6 4-6 6-3
Roland Garros: Nadal def. Federer 6-4 7-5 2-6 6-7 10-8
Wimbledon: Roddick def. Ginepri 6-2 4-6 6-3 6-1 (Federer out because of an injury)
US Open: Federer def. Roddick 6-3 6-2 6-7 6-3

What do you think? This is just for fun.
 

davey25

Banned
Except for Wimbledon it could end up something like that. The odds of Federer injuring himself before Wimbledon and missing it are slim, and the odds of Ginepri being in the Wimbledon final are next to nil however.
 
davey25 said:
Except for Wimbledon it could end up something like that. The odds of Federer injuring himself before Wimbledon and missing it are slim, and the odds of Ginepri being in the Wimbledon final are next to nil however.
Ginepri did win a grass tournament, though.
 

legolas

Banned
nadalfederersampras said:
Post who you think would get to each of the slam finals and what the scores would/should be.

Aus. Open: Federer def Nadal 7-6 7-6 4-6 6-3
Roland Garros: Nadal def. Federer 6-4 7-5 2-6 6-7 10-8
Wimbledon: Roddick def. Ginepri 6-2 4-6 6-3 6-1 (Federer out because of an injury)
US Open: Federer def. Roddick 6-3 6-2 6-7 6-3

What do you think? This is just for fun.
andy winning wimby, UR A FOOL OF A TOOK
 

davey25

Banned
Australian Open-Federer beats Nadal 7-5, 4-6, 2-6, 6-4, 7-5
French Open-Nadal beats Federer 7-6, 7-5, 3-6, 6-1
Wimbledon-Federer beats Berdych 7-5, 6-4, 6-3
U.S Open-Federer beats Agassi 7-5, 6-2, 6-0(Agassi then retires)
 
S

splink779

Guest
davey25 said:
Australian Open-Federer beats Nadal 7-5, 4-6, 2-6, 6-4, 7-5
French Open-Nadal beats Federer 7-6, 7-5, 3-6, 6-1
Wimbledon-Federer beats Berdych 7-5, 6-4, 6-3
U.S Open-Federer beats Agassi 7-5, 6-2, 6-0(Agassi then retires)

Out of all the dark horses and longshots, Berdych in the Wimbledon final is not that ridiculous. Great pick
 

davey25

Banned
splink779 said:
Out of all the dark horses and longshots, Berdych in the Wimbledon final is not that ridiculous. Great pick

Thank you. It would be a bit of an upset at this point, but not out of the question IMHO. What a talent that kid is. :)
 
Here's another:
Aus. Open: Nadal def. Roddick 6-2 7-6 6-3 (Federer lost in a 5 set epic vs. Hewitt in the quarters)
RG: Nadal def. Coria 7-6 7-6 6-7 4-6 7-5
Wimbledon: Federer def. Nalbandian 6-4 6-3 7-6
Us Open: Federer def. Hewitt 7-5 6-4 4-6 2-6 7-6 Fed saves 2 match points and Hewitt saves 5 before he loses.
 

8PAQ

Banned
nadalfederersampras said:
Here's another:
Aus. Open: Nadal def. Roddick 6-2 7-6 6-3 (Federer lost in a 5 set epic vs. Hewitt in the quarters)
RG: Nadal def. Coria 7-6 7-6 6-7 4-6 7-5
Wimbledon: Federer def. Nalbandian 6-4 6-3 7-6
Us Open: Federer def. Hewitt 7-5 6-4 4-6 2-6 7-6

Hewitt takes Fed to 5 sets twice in 2006 and even wins one. You are funny. :)
 

8PAQ

Banned
davey25 said:
Australian Open-Federer beats Nadal 7-5, 4-6, 2-6, 6-4, 7-5
French Open-Nadal beats Federer 7-6, 7-5, 3-6, 6-1
Wimbledon-Federer beats Berdych 7-5, 6-4, 6-3
U.S Open-Federer beats Agassi 7-5, 6-2, 6-0(Agassi then retires)

Love those predictions. Fed in 4 Slam finals and wins 3. Damn I wish that was true!
 

go_nadal

Semi-Pro
nadalfederersampras said:
Here's another:
Aus. Open: Nadal def. Roddick 6-2 7-6 6-3 (Federer lost in a 5 set epic vs. Hewitt in the quarters)
RG: Nadal def. Coria 7-6 7-6 6-7 4-6 7-5
Wimbledon: Federer def. Nalbandian 6-4 6-3 7-6
Us Open: Federer def. Hewitt 7-5 6-4 4-6 2-6 7-6 Fed saves 2 match points and Hewitt saves 5 before he loses.

no way hewitt will beat fed.
 

Breaker

Legend
I hope he does eventually, then maybe I would get to change my sig...Btw, Hewitt wouldn't be able to play Fed in the quarters, Hewitt's seeded 4 and Fed 1, the earliest they could meet is the semis.
 
I think Hewitt can beat Fed. After their US Open match, I believe! In addition to being a huge Hewitt fan. Haha I even made an Aussie rally mug with the "Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oy Oy Oy!" chant on it. Maybe it will bring luck to him!

Yeah, I see Fed winning at least two majors next year; Wimby and the US Open. I don't see him losing there anywhere soon. As for Australia, it has produced some epic matches, so we shall see.
 

DashaandSafin

Hall of Fame
Why do you laugh at Andy being a factor. He is the best grass player out there aside from Federer. W/o Fed in the picture, Andy would have 3 GS trophies by now.

Hope Safin wins the AO again this year.
Hope Roddick wins Wimby this year..2 finals...3rd time is the lucky time :)
Hope Coria wins the FO....he kind of deserves it.
Hope old man Agassi wins the USO...and retires. A fairy tale ending just like Sampras.
 
T

Tundra

Guest
Australian Open: Federer def Nadal 6-4 6-4 7-5
Roland Garros: Federer def Nadal 6-4 7-5 2-6 6-7 12-10
Wimbledon: Federer def Roddick 6-1, 6-7, 6-1, 6-0
US Open: Federer def. Roddick 6-3 6-2 6-7 5-7 6-0

What do you think guys? Is this too much to ask for?
 
R

Rodeo

Guest
Tundra said:
Australian Open: Federer def Nadal 6-4 6-4 7-5
Roland Garros: Federer def Nadal 6-4 7-5 2-6 6-7 12-8
Wimbledon: Federer def Roddick 6-1, 6-7, 6-1, 6-0
US Open: Federer def. Roddick 6-3 6-2 6-7 5-7 6-0

What do you think guys? Is this too much to ask for?


wow, dream on Tundra, lol..jk
 
T

Tundra

Guest
Rodeo said:
wow, dream on Tundra, lol..jk

It can happen...If there's one player in this world who can do it, it should be no other than the amazing Fedex.
 

Noelle

Hall Of Fame
DashaandSafin said:
Why do you laugh at Andy being a factor. He is the best grass player out there aside from Federer. W/o Fed in the picture, Andy would have 3 GS trophies by now.

Hope Safin wins the AO again this year.
Hope Roddick wins Wimby this year..2 finals...3rd time is the lucky time :)
Hope Coria wins the FO....he kind of deserves it.
Hope old man Agassi wins the USO...and retires. A fairy tale ending just like Sampras.
I really, REALLY like those hopes (though I think Coria may be iffy due to that bad shoulder of his... :| ).
 

rilokiley

Professional
Tundra said:
Australian Open: Federer def Nadal 6-4 6-4 7-5
Roland Garros: Federer def Nadal 6-4 7-5 2-6 6-7 12-8
Wimbledon: Federer def Roddick 6-1, 6-7, 6-1, 6-0
US Open: Federer def. Roddick 6-3 6-2 6-7 5-7 6-0

What do you think guys? Is this too much to ask for?

Did the rule change or was that a typo?
Other than that, lovin' your predictions! Roddick in Wimby final three years in a row! Has anyone done this in the open era?
 
T

Tundra

Guest
rilokiley said:
Did the rule change or was that a typo?
Other than that, lovin' your predictions! Roddick in Wimby final three years in a row! Has anyone done this in the open era?


12-10 lol..but thanks rilokiley.:D
 

rilokiley

Professional
Oh heh, but think about it. Wouldn't it be awesome if the rule was you have to win by 4? match could go on forever!
 

DashaandSafin

Hall of Fame
Tundra said:
Australian Open: Federer def Nadal 6-4 6-4 7-5
Roland Garros: Federer def Nadal 6-4 7-5 2-6 6-7 12-10
Wimbledon: Federer def Roddick 6-1, 6-7, 6-1, 6-0
US Open: Federer def. Roddick 6-3 6-2 6-7 5-7 6-0

What do you think guys? Is this too much to ask for?
While it may not be too much to ask for Federer to win all 4. It IS way too much to ask for for Federer to win a set 6-0 at Wimby agaisnt Roddick and 6-0 at the USO, especially the deciding set. Roddick has only lost i think one 6-0 in his pro carrer, to Fed becuase he was injured but didnt want to pull out becuase of the bad publicity.
 

devila

Banned
Fan boys are predictable. 2004 was a joke since injured, mediocre players faced Federer and Pavel pulled out of US Open.
Hewitt's terrible in 4 and 5 setters, so there's hardly anyone great playing.
Roddick was pathetic. Smash the ball to smithereens and lose all energy at Wimbledon. American coaches have no talent because they stunk as players.
 

DashaandSafin

Hall of Fame
devila said:
Fan boys are predictable. 2004 was a joke since injured, mediocre players faced Federer and Pavel pulled out of US Open.
Hewitt's terrible in 4 and 5 setters, so there's hardly anyone great playing.
Roddick was pathetic. Smash the ball to smithereens and lose all energy at Wimbledon. American coaches have no talent because they stunk as players.
Hewitts terrible in 5 setters? He beat Fed in 5 sets and Nadal in 5 sets. How the hell can you say hes horrible at them?
 
devila said:
Fan boys are predictable. 2004 was a joke since injured, mediocre players faced Federer and Pavel pulled out of US Open.
Hewitt's terrible in 4 and 5 setters, so there's hardly anyone great playing.
Roddick was pathetic. Smash the ball to smithereens and lose all energy at Wimbledon. American coaches have no talent because they stunk as players.
I really hope your not American:eek:
 
My predictions are:

Australian Open: Federer def. Nadal: 7-6 7-6 7-5
French Open: Nadal def. Coria 7-6 4-6 4-6 7-5 10-8 (Federer was upset by Puerta)
Wimbledon: Federer def. Nalbandian 6-2 5-7 6-4 6-3
US Open: Federer def. Berdych 6-4 6-3 5-7 6-1
Unless Federer starts to play nothing but clay court tournaments starting in
February he will never be able to win French Open and maybe will get to the final at most. It's too bad he does not plan to do that in 2006 based on his schedule on his web site.
 
This is simply based on the entry rankings...lemme see:

AO: I see Federer in the final, but I don't see him against Roddick. However, I would see Hewitt or Nalbandian in the final. Both of them SHOULD be on the other side of the Fed draw...Wasn't Hewitt the 2nd seed last year? and he faced Senor Roddick, while Safin squared off against Fedex. I don't really remember, but I'm sure someone else does. Of course considering Wimby and the Open this year, a lot of seed juggling has been going on, so I don't even know.

FO: Nadal will rule this event. I don't care if God shows up on a clay court, Nadal will still own his ass, provided he stays healthy. If not, Fed should be coming off the AO win, and take it, unless a certain frenchman doesn't knock him off...;)

Wimby: Fed all the way. I don't see Goldfine making any headway on Roddick just yet. Plus, depending on the rankings, Hewitt or Nalbandian could be sneaking up on both players. I call Fed taking the grass again, but not without a good fight along the way this year.

US Open: If Fed is healthy by now, and has had another great year, he will stroll through most of the draw. Ancient Agassi should provide some resistance, and will be hungry for another win against Fed, but unless they draw another match under the lights, and Andre has put Bionic enhancements in his muscles, and comes out firing, I see Fed rolling him. Roddick will also be out for blood this year after his embarrassing defeat to Muller, but I think that will take its toll on him, and he will make a Quarter's exit.

Yeah, no scores, cause I want to see the rankings pre-tournament. Those are my thoughts, though.
 
federerforever said:
My predictions are:

Australian Open: Federer def. Nadal: 7-6 7-6 7-5
French Open: Nadal def. Coria 7-6 4-6 4-6 7-5 10-8 (Federer was upset by Puerta)Wimbledon: Federer def. Nalbandian 6-2 5-7 6-4 6-3
US Open: Federer def. Berdych 6-4 6-3 5-7 6-1
Unless Federer starts to play nothing but clay court tournaments starting in
February he will never be able to win French Open and maybe will get to the final at most. It's too bad he does not plan to do that in 2006 based on his schedule on his web site.
Puerta's banned from tennis for 8 years, so he wouldn't be able to play.
 
Depends on the way the draw shakes out...but...

Oz - Federer over Nadal 1-6 2-6 [rain, so they close the roof] 6-0 6-4 7-5​
Roland - Nadal over Coria 6-3 6-7 6-3 6-0 [Fed injured]
Wimbledon - Federer over Roddick 7-6 7-6 6-1
US Open - Federer over Berdych 6-0 6-2 6-7 7-5

Losing semifinalists at:
Oz - Ljubicic and Hewitt
RG - Gasquet and Nalbandian
Wimbledon - Berdych and Ancic
US Open - Safin and Roddick


Davis Cup - US wins all four ties 3-2 on the backs of Blake, Roddick and the Bryan twins, who go 4 and 0 on the year in DC. They go on to lose to wildcards, J. McEnroe and J. Bjorkman in the Masters Cup final 10-3 in the 3rd. The 'save doubles' campaign works. They lose every Slam final to various singles players who really appreciate the no-third-set thing. Nadal and Lopez finish the year as the number one doubles team, edging the Bryan twins by just one ATP point.​

Citing chronic back pain each time, Agassi is upset in the 3rd round of each Slam, but he does manage to collect three titles (San Jose, LA and Washington, naturally). After a record seventh cortisone shot in October, he retires, joins the clergy and goes undefeated at the year-end Pastor's Cup.
He will come again in glory to judge the clean and the performance-enhanced....as the tennis' first commissioner in 2007.
 
slice bh compliment said:
Oz - Federer over Nadal 1-6 2-6 [rain, so they close the roof] 6-0 6-4 7-5​
Roland - Nadal over Coria 6-3 6-7 6-3 6-0 [Fed injured]
Wimbledon - Federer over Roddick 7-6 7-6 6-1
US Open - Federer over Berdych 6-0 6-2 6-7 7-5

Losing semifinalists at:
Oz - Ljubicic and Hewitt
RG - Gasquet and Nalbandian
Wimbledon - Berdych and Ancic
US Open - Safin and Roddick


Davis Cup - US wins all four ties 3-2 on the backs of Blake, Roddick and the Bryan twins, who go 4 and 0 on the year in DC. They go on to lose to wildcards, J. McEnroe and J. Bjorkman in the Masters Cup final 10-3 in the 3rd. The 'save doubles' campaign works. They lose every Slam final to various singles players who really appreciate the no-third-set thing. Nadal and Lopez finish the year as the number one doubles team, edging the Bryan twins by just one ATP point.​

Citing chronic back pain each time, Agassi is upset in the 3rd round of each Slam, but he does manage to collect three titles (San Jose, LA and Washington, naturally). After a record seventh cortisone shot in October, he retires, joins the clergy and goes undefeated at the year-end Pastor's Cup.
He will come again in glory to judge the clean and the performance-enhanced....as the tennis' first commissioner in 2007.
Those are some really good predictions:)
 

Dan007

Hall of Fame
devila said:
Fan boys are predictable. 2004 was a joke since injured, mediocre players faced Federer and Pavel pulled out of US Open.
Hewitt's terrible in 4 and 5 setters, so there's hardly anyone great playing.
Roddick was pathetic. Smash the ball to smithereens and lose all energy at Wimbledon. American coaches have no talent because they stunk as players.


Yo! devila what is your problem? REALLY? Its been a while since Hewitt has lost a 5-setter and Roddick didn't have a great year but he still is a great player. Did you hate when Agassi's rankings dropped in 1997 and when Hewitt's rank went down to the 16 in 2003? Just cause they didn't have a great season doesn't mean they are bad. I believe Andy can do better in 2006. Roddicks mean unlucky alot. The 2004 wimbledon final, bad draws for U.S. Open, Madrid, and injuries.
 

antonapoulos

New User
Australian Open: Federer d. Nalbandian 6-3, 7-6, 6-1
Roland Garros: Nadal d. Ferrero 6-4, 1-6, 7-5, 6-3
Wimbledon: Roddick d. Federer 7-6, 5-7, 7-6, 7-6
US Open: Federer d. Hewitt 6-0, 7-6, 6-0
 

westside

Hall of Fame
antonapoulos said:
US Open: Federer d. Hewitt 6-0, 7-6, 6-0

somehow that score looks familiar

My Predictions:

Aussie Open: Federer def Hewitt 6-3 6-4 4-6 6-2
French Open: Nadal def Coria 6-2 7-6 6-3
Wimbledon: Federer def Roddick 6-2 6-4 6-4
US Open: Federer def Hewitt 6-4 7-6 4-6 6-7 8-6
 
nadalfederersampras said:
Post who you think would get to each of the slam finals and what the scores would/should be.

Aus. Open: Federer def Nadal 7-6 7-6 4-6 6-3
Roland Garros: Nadal def. Federer 6-4 7-5 2-6 6-7 10-8
Wimbledon: Roddick def. Ginepri 6-2 4-6 6-3 6-1 (Federer out because of an injury)
US Open: Federer def. Roddick 6-3 6-2 6-7 6-3

What do you think? This is just for fun.


Aus Open:Federer def Roddick 6-4, 6-3, 6-1 (Nadal loses eairly to blake again)

Roland Garros: Nadal def Ferero 3-6, 6-4, 7-6, 6-4 (JC Ferero makes a comeback and does well in the french and knocks off federer)

Wimbledon: Federer def Henmen 7-5, 6-2, 6-1 (Henmen has a great tourny and has no trouble till he meets federer. Dent makes a good run and roddick does well)

US Open: Blake def. Agassi 7-5, 6-7(8), 4-6, 7-6(5), 7-6(11) (another thriller like last year but black breaks though in the all american us open and ends the year in the top 10. Nadal and Federer both lose in the semis.)

my predictions are kinda not very favorable but hey, anything can happen
 
Women's Grand Slam scores
Aus. Open: Lindsay Davenport def. Elena Dementieva 7-6 6-3 Length 1:30
Rg: Amelie Mauresmo def. Kim Clijsters 6-3 4-6 11-9 Length 2:56
Wimbledon: Maria Sharapova def. Lindsay Davenport 6-2 6-4 Length 1:20 Lindsay retires after match
Us Open: Elena Dementieva def. Maria Sharapova 6-2 4-1 ret. because of injury
 
nadalfederersampras said:
Women's Grand Slam scores
Aus. Open: Lindsay Davenport def. Elena Dementieva 7-6 6-3 Length 1:30
Rg: Amelie Mauresmo def. Kim Clijsters 6-3 4-6 11-9 Length 2:56
Wimbledon: Maria Sharapova def. Lindsay Davenport 6-2 6-4 Length 1:20 Lindsay retires after match
Us Open: Elena Dementieva def. Maria Sharapova 6-2 4-1 ret. because of injury

Dear nadalfederersampras,
Nice. You are inclusive, thoughtful and cool w/the women's game.
Good stuff, man.

Regards,
navratilovakingmauresmo

By the way, I especially love your RG pick.
 

Shaolin

G.O.A.T.
Fed will take motivation from the Shanghai loss and tear everybody a new one.

AO: Fed d. Nalbo: 6-0, 6-2, 6-3

RG: Fed d. Nadal: 7-5, 6-3, 4-6, 6-4

W: Fed d. Hewitt: 7-6 (1), 6-1, 6-4

US: Fed d. Roddick: 6-3, 6-3, 6-1
 

rod99

Professional
AO: hewitt def ljubicic 6-3, 2-6, 7-5, 7-5
FO: nadal def coria 6-2, 7-6, 5-7, 6-4
W: federer def roddick 7-6, 7-6, 6-3
US: federer def hewitt 5-7, 6-4, 6-4, 6-3
 
i think 2006 is feds year
aus: fed def. nalbandian 7-5, 6-2, 4-6, 7-6
fo: fed def. gasquet 6-0, 4-6, 5-7, 7-6, 8-6
wimby: fed def. ancic 6-2, 6-3, 7-5
uso: fed def. blake 6-7, 6-3, 7-5, 7-5
I also predict berdych taking two masters, nadal taking three, fed taking three, and ferrero taking one
 

edmondsm

Legend
You guys predict like a bunch of girly-men. The only people that win slam's in Tenniswarehouse World are Nadal, Federer and Roddick. Don't you WANT tennis to be exciting and unpredictable. Here you go.

AO: Nalbandian def. Hewitt 6-2, 6-4, 7-6.
RG: Coria def. Nadal 7-6, 6-7, 6-0, 6-3
W: Roddick def. Hewitt 6-4, 6-4, 6-4.....Federer out in the 4th round when he tries to serve and volley to much.
U.S: Federer def. Roddick 2-6, 7-6, 7-6, 6-7, 7-6.......(18-16 in the tiebreak)

Now those are some bold, and maybe a little childish, predictions.
 

edmondsm

Legend
Shaolin said:
Fed will take motivation from the Shanghai loss and tear everybody a new one.

AO: Fed d. Nalbo: 6-0, 6-2, 6-3

RG: Fed d. Nadal: 7-5, 6-3, 4-6, 6-4

W: Fed d. Hewitt: 7-6 (1), 6-1, 6-4

US: Fed d. Roddick: 6-3, 6-3, 6-1

I must say that a Fed Slam would be awesome.
 

lagranwilly

New User
Australian Open: Nalbandian beats Federer 67 76 63 76
Roland Garros: Coria beats Nadal 46 75 62 16 64
Wimbledon: Federer beats Roddick 60 63 62
US Open:Federer beats Nalbandian 63 57 64 67 86
 
L

Lee

Guest
prestige18 said:
but i also think that if safin gets and stays healthy he could replace any of those people, (including fed)

If Safin is physically healthy and stays away from the booze, the cigarettes and the pot, AND mentally tough, he will be a contender in all 4 slams (yes, including wimbledon)!
 

8PAQ

Banned
lagranwilly said:
Australian Open: Nalbandian beats Federer 67 76 63 76
Roland Garros: Coria beats Nadal 46 75 62 16 64
Wimbledon: Federer beats Roddick 60 63 62
US Open:Federer beats Nalbandian 63 57 64 67 86

US Open has a tie break in the 5th set. The only Slam like that. Oh and there is no way Nalby is going to be in two Slam finals, let alone beat Federer in one of them.
 

RiosTheGenius

Hall of Fame
nadalfederersampras said:
Post who you think would get to each of the slam finals and what the scores would/should be.

Aus. Open: Federer def Nadal 7-6 7-6 4-6 6-3
Roland Garros: Nadal def. Federer 6-4 7-5 2-6 6-7 10-8
Wimbledon: Roddick def. Ginepri 6-2 4-6 6-3 6-1 (Federer out because of an injury)
US Open: Federer def. Roddick 6-3 6-2 6-7 6-3

What do you think? This is just for fun.
very utopian I must say.... I mean, Roddick in 2 slam finals????...c'mon man.

in my oipinion It'll go more like this;

AO: Federer beats Nalbandian in 4
RG: Federer beats Coria in 5 (nadal ripped a bicep earlier in Montecarlo)
Wimby: Federer beats a no name qualifier in 3 after beating Henman in semis.
USO: Federer Beats Hewitt in 4 and wins the grand slam for the first time.
 
Top