Discussion in 'General Pro Player Discussion' started by Sabratha, Oct 29, 2012.
The main reason I see Murray passing him. I also believe Ferrer is in a tier by himself between the big 4 and the field (except maybe del Potro, he's a wild card for me.) He's a special case, he's having more success now than his younger age.
1. Nadal (he'll struggle at first, but come storming back in the clay season and win another channel slam)
5. Del Potro
10. Janowicz (I'm hoping, at least)
LMAO!!! Don't know why, but this post got me laughing so hard
C'mon, Delpo and Tsonga aren't that bad and Fed could still remain a contender in slams even if his ranking drops (though obviously it will be harder once he drops out of top 4 territory).
1) Djokavic - it's hard to see someone over-taking him right now. he's just better than Murray and everyone else had a good reason why they wont' be #1..
2) Murray - again, youth, hunger consistency
3) Del Potro - I think he wins a slam next year, I'm just not sure which one. I don't like him, but he's getting back to '09 form slowly but surely.
4) Federer - cuts down on tourneys and has a lot to defend and he's not going to defend it all. I hope for one slam.... I have a bad feeling it's going to be worse than 2011
5) Nadal - Wins 2 clay masters and the French Open and nothing else.... and that's good enough for this ranking.
6) Ferrer - because at this point it doesn't matter anymore.. we're talking about guys that can't win slams... no one that hasn't won one yet seems ready to take a leap.
9) no one is still reading my post
10) you've left by now, right?
1.) Andy Murray
2.) Novak Djokovic
3.) Roger Federer
4.) Juan Martin Del Potro
5.) Tomas Berdych
6.) Jo-Willfried Tsonga
7.) Rafael Nadal
8.) Milos Raonic
9.) David Ferrer
10.) Stanilslas Wawrinka
Your first 8 are spot on. But 9-10, is probably not.
What I want to happen:
4. Del Po
What I think will happen:
5. Del Po
5. Del Potro
5. Del Potro
If everybody says Nadal is done, doesn't that mean he won't be a top ten player anymore?
I wonder if anybody has changed their mind.
4. Del Potro
What a turnaround.
Proof of how underrated Ferrer is as most have him 6th or 7th and nobody 3rd.
I've seen less eggs hit faces in ihop :lol:
Top 10 end of 2014:
1. Djokovic (Obviously)
2. Murray (Obviously)
3. DelPotro (start to be more consistent)
4. Nadal (still hanging at top 4, but barely)
5. Federer (better season than 2013, but not much)
6. Tsonga (if not injured half of the time any more)
7. Wawrinka (will be constant top 8 )
8. Ferrer (still there but not #3 any more)
9. Berdych (unfortunately pigeon is still top 10)
10. Raonic (first time top 10)
Thanks for this gem
So it looks like 2-3 people called Nadal to be #1, and only one person called Wawrinka to be in the top ten before 2013 started. No one called Ferrer to be #3 (in fact most had in him dropping to 7-10 range, myself included), and only ONE person had Federer dropping out of the top 4.
Pretty unpredictable year I'd say.
This will be bumped in November next year to prove me right.
murrays injury lay off helped ferrer be no3..raonic almost made top10 at no11 rank.
even a broken watch gives the time right, twice a day
Of course I knew exactly what will happen after Nadal returns from his "injury break". But you, of course, are the resident Oracle of wisdom.
Think of this thread the next time you're trying to predict the winners of the next 10 slams or whether current 19 year-olds will ever amount to anything.
The difference between these predictions and reality is exactly why they play the matches: we just don't know what will happen.
When i put Federer to finish the year at number 7, I did of course immediately get accused of trolling
I wonder what the top 10 at the end of 2014 will look like.
Epic fail of a thread. stop trying to guess top 10 in 12 months. Too much can happen. Dolgopolov will be YE top 10 2015.
Separate names with a comma.