Hall of Fame
Marry me!D. Match format ..... Think about what is popular these days among younger athletes: Marathons, Spartan races, Tough Mudders, Triathalons, etc. .... Tests of fitness and endurance. But in USTA tennis we move to a low bar .... mostly doubles and then we even chop off the 3rd set and turn it into a 10 point tiebreaker.
- Appeal to those that value fitness/endurance while still considering the need for time slots at a facility
- No Ad scoring BUT with FULL 3rd set
- No one watches doubles on TV .... we want to emulate what we see on TV and feel like we are a bit a part of it
- Increase the number of singles lines in all leagues.
- 3S and 2D or 3S and 4D
- Or Just make an actual singles league .... same platform as current league, all the way districts/sectionals/nationals run it concurrently or consecutively
- 18+ singles, 5 lines of singles per team match ; 18+ doubles, 5 lines of doubles per team match
- 40+ singles, 3 lines of singles per team match; 40+ doubles, 5 lines of doubles per team match