What if??

The-Champ

Legend
What if there was a slam on a court looking like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7lPkEA0-LU


For a 10 year period....who would win the most slam on this court?


Sampras, Nadal, Agassi and Federer are playing, all four are 100% fit, in their prime and their absolute best. State your reason!


Sorry I still don't know how to make a poll.
 
Last edited:

JoshDragon

Hall of Fame
Are you saying Nadal is GOAT?
No, he's not, mainly because of his injuries. If he wasn't injured I think he would win the calendar year grand slam at some point in his career. I do believe if he could play with his normal style, without injuries, he would be just about unbeatable. Unfortunately, that's impossible and it will never happen.
 

clayman2000

Hall of Fame
Nadal wins em all. If you look Nadal always has the court ad. If hes playing on the clay side, its almost impossible to hit a winner of him. If Nadals on the grass side than his FH will be impossible for the other player (who is on clay) to attack.

Pete fails because he cant slide, and if hes on grass his serve wont do much as it bounces on clay.

Fed does pretty well because he can move beautifully on all the surfaces. His serve is very effective on both. On a court like that, i would only see him loosing to Nadal. Unfortunately Nadal would be a huge favourite each time

Agassi would do better than Sampras. His baseline game while suited to HC's would be penetrating on the grass, and when hes hitting from the grass side, he doesnt have to worry about his movement being exposed.

To be honest i say Nadal wins 75% of the time on that court. With Fed taking the other 25%. Agassi has weakness on both clay and grass so i dont see him taking out those two. And Sampras would be a nonfactor as the clay would ruin his game no matter what side he was on
 

JoshDragon

Hall of Fame
Nadal wins em all. If you look Nadal always has the court ad. If hes playing on the clay side, its almost impossible to hit a winner of him. If Nadals on the grass side than his FH will be impossible for the other player (who is on clay) to attack.

Pete fails because he cant slide, and if hes on grass his serve wont do much as it bounces on clay.

Fed does pretty well because he can move beautifully on all the surfaces. His serve is very effective on both. On a court like that, i would only see him loosing to Nadal. Unfortunately Nadal would be a huge favourite each time

Agassi would do better than Sampras. His baseline game while suited to HC's would be penetrating on the grass, and when hes hitting from the grass side, he doesnt have to worry about his movement being exposed.

To be honest i say Nadal wins 75% of the time on that court. With Fed taking the other 25%. Agassi has weakness on both clay and grass so i dont see him taking out those two. And Sampras would be a nonfactor as the clay would ruin his game no matter what side he was on
Great post, you just forgot one thing. If Sampras was serving on the clay side he would still be able to fire off aces because his opponent would be playing on the grass half. Although I suppose if there was a lot of clay on the ball it might neutralize his serve a bit.
 
Top