Talk Tennis Guru
I think we can all agree that Federer is GOAT, right?
with all due respect, I feel like most of these aren’t opinions rather than facts that can be objectively measured/proven, like most posts in this threas. the things in parenthesis trying to explain why are these facts happening can be considered opinions.What we can agree upon:
- Equipment has changed the game. Whether that is a good thing or bad is in constant debate.
- Longevity has been helped by modern medicine, modern surgery and improvements in training methods.
- The average height of top players has gone up. (But we don't agree about why, or how much of that has to do with surface and equipment change.
- The average rally is now longer. (But no agreement about why.)
- Dominance of US male tennis players has fallen into the toilet, although no one agrees upon why this has happened or how to change it.
- Coming to the net is now a lot harder, and I don't think anyone disagrees about this.
- It seems to be a lot harder for young men to win big events and slams, but no one agrees upon why.