What kind of doctor treats shin splints?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by pmata814, May 19, 2006.

  1. pmata814

    pmata814 Professional

    Dec 6, 2005
    I've read some of the threads here on shin splints but ice and rest aren't doing anything. Would I see a chiropractor, orthopedist or another type of doctor?

    My pain is in the inner part of my shins and it is a lot worse on my left than on my right shin. I'm fine as long as I don't play tennis, but if I play I have to wait a week before I can play again.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. North

    North Professional

    Jun 21, 2005
    You would go to an orthopaedist, preferably one with expertise in sports medicine.

Share This Page