Whats your First serve and your second?

chiru

Professional
flat or slice on first, super slice on second. both extremely effective and fast. they rarely comback, which is a problem cause i get lazy when they do comebak, im not expecting it.
 

Wtitanium

New User
First is down the center (landing on the middle line 50 percent of the time), and second is a very slow, very unaccurate, and flat serve. My first serve, when in, is to the backhand of right handers when serving to the duece side, so I get bad returns, which I usually put away, or into the net. On the ad side, most people play out so wide that I catch them off guard down the middle, and get a few aces at the beginning of the match. Then towards the end of the match, when they get used to it, I just hit them as hard as I can in the center of the service box, so they have to run around the ball to hit it.
 

just out

New User
DRtenniS1112 said:
First is a big flat, big kick, or out wide slice, second is a placed big kick.
Same here but just take out the big :) Pace on kick serve is not that much different from first to second but I just don't go for the best placement on the second and try to give myself some room for error.
 
it really depends who im playing, if it's someone that could punish a return, i usually go for a bigger flat first serve, if there's no threat, i try to kick both in.
 

AngeloDS

Hall of Fame
Topspin for both; unless I'm up or feeling different. For me, placement beats variety and having that margin of error takes off a lot of pressure. I hardly ever face second serves. And I win a lot of first service games so it's a good thing.
 

Andres

G.O.A.T.
Roddick The Beast said:
He's talking about the Philippoussis serve.
Yes, I know who's Scud. I also watched that particulary Prince of Tennis episode. But what he talks, it's beyond limits. He does "SCUD SERVE" on both 1st and 2nd? Gimme a break, weird aussie asian dude mate'!
 
S

snoflewis

Guest
well...my service games usually start out w/ kick serves. once i get one in...i hit flat for first, and topspin/kick for second. for placement...i just place wherever i feel is best. when my opponent stands a bit to my right, i'll hit it to his forehand, and if he's got a weak back hand, i'll attack that. for second serve placement...im kind of working on it, but i like to hit it at the body, because they won't be able to predict if it will kick to their left or not (im right handed)
 

andreh

Professional
I usually kick all my serves. I mix of with a few slices, but rarely do I hit a flat serve. I'm too short (5.8") for flat serves.
 

wyutani

Hall of Fame
Andres Guazzelli said:
You should stop watching so much Tennis cartoons, and start playing some real tennis?
Scud serve? That's nonsense...
geez~ never underestimate this aussie asian weird guy dude...
 
andreh said:
I usually kick all my serves. I mix of with a few slices, but rarely do I hit a flat serve. I'm too short (5.8") for flat serves.
I don't think kicking the balls are legal, even at the "recreational level".

You need a kicking in the balls, that is, if you have any.

:mrgreen:
 

Koaske

Rookie
I usually do a slice or topspin for the first serve and I rarely hit pure flat serves because I want to maintain a good 1st serve %. Second serve is usually a kicker or slice. Sometimes I mix in some short dinks if my opponent is waiting for the serve 3 km behind the baseline. :mrgreen:
 

Rickson

G.O.A.T.
Andres Guazzelli said:
I know I would...
Kickserve on the nuts... nah, doesn't sound funny at all :)
I was talking about the roddick beast character. I wouldn't kick a fellow mixed martial artist in the nuts.
 

Andres

G.O.A.T.
Rickson said:
I was talking about the roddick beast character. I wouldn't kick a fellow mixed martial artist in the nuts.
I miss Jiu Jitsui so much... but because of my left shoulder, I can't practice anymore. One reconstructive surgery it's certainly enough. I can't take the risk of seriously injure my left shoulder as well ...

:cry:
 

Rickson

G.O.A.T.
Andres Guazzelli said:
I miss Jiu Jitsui so much... but because of my left shoulder, I can't practice anymore. One reconstructive surgery it's certainly enough. I can't take the risk of seriously injure my left shoulder as well ...

:cry:
You shouldn't have told me that, Andres. Now if we ever grapple, I'll go for a kimura on your left arm. Oh well, I have to give you something now. My middle left toe is vulnerable to injury.
 

Andres

G.O.A.T.
Rickson said:
You shouldn't have told me that, Andres. Now if we ever grapple, I'll go for a kimura on your left arm. Oh well, I have to give you something now. My middle left toe is vulnerable to injury.
Kimura!? No way, Rickson! ;)
I've been training Muay Thai for quite a while... so if grappling is 2nd resource, 2nd to hand on hand combat. At least, I have a great range, specially on medium, and high kicks.

But yeah, I have a labrum tear on my left shoulder. Until I get a surgery, and get that fixed, I can't wrestle any more :cry:

Anyway, I would bite your left toe if that's what needed :)
 
Rickson said:
He'd keel over and cry.
Hardly. Plus, you wouldn't even have the opportunity to do any fancy "kung fu-ish" kicks on me, cause I'd have you on the ground, with your limbs locked up. That's ju jitsu for YOU! Ahahah! :mrgreen:

BTW, I was talking about your kick "serve", in the first place! I remember you admitting that it wasn't that good! :rolleyes:
 

Rickson

G.O.A.T.
Roddick The Beast said:
Hardly. Plus, you wouldn't even have the opportunity to do any fancy "kung fu-ish" kicks on me, cause I'd have you on the ground, with your limbs locked up. That's ju jitsu for YOU! Ahahah! :mrgreen:

BTW, I was talking about your kick "serve", in the first place! I remember you admitting that it wasn't that good! :rolleyes:
The day you outgrapple me is the day hell freezes over.
 
Rickson said:
The day you outgrapple me is the day hell freezes over.
So that means that it is possible for hell to freeze afterall. If it's the case as you've said it, then hell "freezing over" is all within my hands, in my control, Rickson. ;)
 

Rickson

G.O.A.T.
Roddick The Beast said:
So that means that it is possible for hell to freeze afterall. If it's the case as you've said it, then hell "freezing over" is all within my hands, in my control, Rickson. ;)
Someone who can't even spell Jiu Jitsu is going to take me out in a grappling match? You'd never be able to stop my double and definitely not my single and you'd have no defense against me choking you out. Stick to tennis, son. You won't get hurt that way or in your case, not as badly being that you're so uncoordinated.
 
Rickson said:
Someone who can't even spell Jiu Jitsu is going to take me out in a grappling match? You'd never be able to stop my double and definitely not my single and you'd have no defense against me choking you out. Stick to tennis, son. You won't get hurt that way or in your case, not as badly being that you're so uncoordinated.
OO, "son"! Mmmk RickSON! So I left out an "i" . . . OO! It's not "incorrect to leave out the "i" anyways, just like how some folks (for instance the English) spell "color" like this: "colour"! Who's the idiot now? *cough cough* YOU! ^_^

You don't even know. You wouldn't even be able to grapple me, nevermind the choking. I'd snap your limbs even before you get a chance to react, Rickson. :mrgreen:
 
Rickson is so angry, geez! And I remember in another thread, before, you said that "I" was "violent". Hmmmmm.....

If you write another harsh post directed at me, that will confirm your genuine inhumane hostility.
 

Rickson

G.O.A.T.
Roddick The Beast said:
OO, "son"! Mmmk RickSON! So I left out an "i" . . . OO!

You don't even know. You wouldn't even be able to grapple me, nevermind the choking. I'd snap your limbs even before you get a chance to react, Rickson. :mrgreen:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now that's funny! You couldn't "snap" your fingers. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
 

Rickson

G.O.A.T.
Roddick The Beast said:
^^^ Bahahahha! Ok, so you are angry. The question IS, can you "control" your anger when you HAVE to, when you NEED to?
No wonder everybody hates you here. Your jokes suck and you're a total loser.
 
Roddick The Beast said:
OO, "son"! Mmmk RickSON! So I left out an "i" . . . OO! It's not "incorrect to leave out the "i" anyways, just like how some folks (for instance the English) spell "color" like this: "colour"! Who's the idiot now? *cough cough* YOU! ^_^

You don't even know. You wouldn't even be able to grapple me, nevermind the choking. I'd snap your limbs even before you get a chance to react, Rickson. :mrgreen:
 
Depends on my oppent. If they can crush my 70 mph second kick serve then... I will go all out on my first serve, ~105 kick or slice serve or flat, If I have high % with my 70 mph kick serve then I will do that on first. As you can see my second serve is much slower then my first. Depends on oppent really.

~Joe
 
J

Juggurnaut

Guest
First serve is my most powerful flat serve, and second is any sort of spin serve.
 
Top